Chapter 89 The Wedding

Bishop insisted that Rona stay behind as he got up early to meet with his family for his mother's move into the home that would be looking after her. She felt nervous for him and wanted to support him, but he explained that he really didn't want her to see his family in distress because he already knew Kari would not handle it well.

He left, taking Karnwyr with him and she took her time slowly getting ready for the day. They were supposed to go to Magrob's family's estate just outside the Imperial City, to the east near Lake Poppad. She ran the bath, humming to herself while she picked out a nice outfit in the closet. She bathed with light rose perfumed soap because she really loved the flowery smells, not caring about Bishop's opinion on that, even using a little extra just to bug him a bit. Then he'd have to work extra hard to get her own smell to come out... she blushed a little at herself thinking of the fun they could have doing that later.

After she finished her bath she got dressed in the nice semi-formal gown she'd found in the closet. It was a bright copper color, made with shiny satin fabric. It was sleeveless, with only two thin straps that went over her shoulders and crisscrossed over, tying together in the low dipped back. The dress was long, just barely touching the floor. She curled her hair and lengthened it a bit with her magic then put on a light amount of make-up. Soft natural browns for her eyes and dark liner to bring them out. She got a little bold with a bright red for her lips though, to match the dress. Always skipping the blush because she blushed enough without any help from the makeup.

The best part of her outfit though, in her opinion, was the pair of boots she found. They were thigh high, black leather boots, with sharp heels that laced all up the fronts. They took forever to lace up, but she liked them a lot, impractical as they were and she was looking forward to surprising Bishop with them later because they could hardly be seen under the long dress. She also put on some matching lacy black lingerie, only this time her panties didn't have any extra holes.

The last thing she planned to wear were the stud earrings Bishop had bought for her. They really were beautiful. She liked the simplicity of them, just a pair of smaller earrings, they didn't dangle or get in the way. The round gemstones were incredible too, with a bright magenta melding with a dark blue and it looked like little stars were set in the midst of them. It was really thoughtful of him. She still had the wolf carved ring he gave her too, the one Jules had made for him. It was one of her most precious possessions and she never took it off. She liked to look at it from time to time and she would think of him.

She decided then to pierce her ears herself. She'd seen Lorrie do it years ago in the Mage's Guild and so she knew exactly what to do. She whispered an incantation, lighting the tip of her finger and pressed it to her earlobes, numbing them. Then she pulled open a drawer in the vanity and found a small pincushion with sewing needles in it. She pulled one out, setting it on top of the vanity. She held the earrings up to her ears, positioning them exactly where she wanted them, then she picked up the needle and pressed it through the skin on her earlobes. It was painless, although she did feel a slight pressure. She pulled the needle out and quickly pressed the earring in then did the same with the other and fastened them both.

Once they were in and she was pleased that they were even, she cast a healing spell over her ears with the earrings still in. The wounds healed completely, but the holes stayed with the earrings still there.

She wiped the little bit of blood away with a damp cloth and then stood up and gave a quick spin in front of the mirror. Satisfied with her look she went back into the sitting room to wait for Bishop, playing her lute and humming to herself all the while.

Another hour passed on by and he finally came back, Karnwyr at his heels and he sighed loudly. She glanced back at him from the couch, looking over the backing and asked, "How did it go?"