(29.)

Ivy Booker 

Ivy Booker 

I know it was crazy to fake an injury, just so I could get back on my dad and Tay's good side, but if I'm being honest...I was running out of options. I have never seen my dad so scared in my life and I missed being around him, despite the circumstances it was under.

"I'm ready to go home." I said, tiredly. We had been in the emergency room for almost two whole hours and I was just ready to go to sleep. On top of that, I was starving and my stomach kept growling extremely loud.

"I know and I don't know what the fuck is taking these dumb ass doctors so long, but if they don't come up here in the next ten minutes then I'm wrapping your leg up my damn self and we leaving." He said, making me laugh. I knew he was serious, which is why I was a hoping a doctor didn't come in, just so we could test his theory. 

"Can we stop and get some food on the way home? I'm starving."

"Yeah, where you wanna go?" 

"Chik-Fil-A if they're still open by the time we leave here." I said.

"Your lil fat ass been eating Chik-Fil-A since you were a damn baby." He huffed.

"What can I say? I love their waffle fries." He chuckled as he looked over at me, placing his hand on my arm.

"I know I been a real asshole to you lately and I'm sorry about that. It's just that...you're growing up way too fast and I don't know how to handle it. You're not just my Lil Shawty anymore. You're my almost grown up baby, that's about to graduate from high school and go off to college. You bout to leave the nest and go out into this fucked up ass world alone and that scares me, because I won't be around to protect you like I've always been."

"You can't protect me from everything, dad. At some point, I'm going to make mistakes, but I will also learn from them and do everything I can to not make the same stupid mistakes. Me having unprotected sex and a pregnancy scare was a stupid mistake, but I can assure you that it won't happen again." I began, but he quickly cut me off.

"I know it won't happen again because if it does, then I'm going to shoot that boy!" He spat, making me sigh heavily.

"Dad."

"My bad, my bad. Continue."

"I know that I disappointed you...and I am so sorry for that. I've never been so unhappy in my entire life and despite me growing up and venturing out on my own, one thing I know for sure is that I will always need you. You're my loving, funny, psychotic dad and I will always put you before anybody because that's what you did for me." I told him, feeling myself getting a little emotional. 

"Don't start all that crying, Ivy." He warned me, reaching up to wipe a falling tear. "You'll start crying and I'll have no choice but to roast ya ass, because you ugly as fuck when you cry. Just like ya damn mama!" I laughed hysterically, covering my mouth, as he laughed with me. He was so damn mean! Before I could respond to what he had just said, the door came open and Tay rushed into the room.

"Ivy, are you okay?" He asked me.

"Who the fuck-"

"DAD!" I blurted out, quickly. Tay looked terrified as he swallowed hard, looking between both me and my dad. "Please..."

"Two minutes. That's all you get! Finna go see if I can light a fire under one of these doctor's asses!" He left the room, making sure that the door was wide open, before he disappeared from view.

"You old man don't play." He murmured, sitting next to me on the bed.

"Yeah I know. How did you know where I was?" I asked him.

"Bella called and told me that you fell down the stairs and possibly broke your leg. Not sure how she got my number, but I'm glad she called. I was worried about you."

"You were?"

"Of course. I know shit been rocky between us, but I still love and care about you." I smiled a little, looking down as I blushed a little. 

"You told Bella that it wasn't good for us to be together right now. What did you mean by that?" I asked him, looking back up into his eyes. He licked his lips and sighed, looking away from me as he hesitantly answered my question.

"There's a lot you don't know about me and I wish I could tell you, but I can't." He said.

"Why not?"

"Because if I did...you wouldn't want to be with me anymore." I furrowed my eyebrows, not fully understanding what he was saying to me.

"I don't understand." I said.

"I don't expect you to understand, but just trust me when I say that it's better that you don't know." He told me. 

"Tay, are you in some kind of trouble?"

"It's complicated."

"Then uncomplicate them!" I snapped. (Not Sure If Uncomplicate Is A Word, But Whatever Lol)

"Ivy, I can't." He sighed. I scoffed and shook my head, not believing what I was hearing right now. At one point in time, we would tell each other everything, but now? He wanted to keep secrets and what not, only pushing me farther away then I already was.

"You need to leave." I told him.

"Ivy I-" He began, but I cut him off.

"Now Tay!" He sighed heavily, standing up from the bed, as he held his head down.

"I love you, Ivy." He said, leaning down and placing a kiss on my forehead. I rolled my eyes as I watched him walk out of my room, leaving me alone with nothing but a head full of thoughts. What the hell was he hiding? And why the hell couldn't he just tell me what it is?

When my dad returned, he poked his head into the room, looking around before walking inside. I guess he was checking to see if Tay was gone, which I didn't understand why he didn't like him. Was it because we had sex or something?

"Lil playboy leave?" He asked. I nodded my head, wanting to ask him what his problem with Tay was, but we just got back on good terms and I didn't want to mess that up. "You look like you want to ask me something. What is it?"

"It's nothing." I lied.

"Miori..." I rolled my eyes, hating the fact that he called me by my Japanese middle name. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful name, but he only called me that when he wanted answers.

"Why don't you like Tay?"

"Who said I didn't like Casanova?" He questioned.

"It's as clear as day, dad. Your mood instantly changes whenever he's around and I know it isn't because we had sex and he was almost my baby daddy." I said, instantly biting my tongue when he glared at me. Oh shit. Me and my big ass mouth.

"Don't make me knock your yellow ass out. That's only partially the reason why I don't like him, but he look exactly like someone I used to know a long time ago."

"Who?"

"Nobody you'd know. He was around long before you were born." He said, sitting down.

"Okay, but who was he?" I asked again. I was eager to know who this person was that Tay reminded my dad of.

"This lil fuckboy your auntie used to date. I couldn't stand his ass, only because he used to cheat on your auntie and do her so damn dirty, causing her to do some out of character ass shit, only to get back with him afterwards. Lil Don Juan look exactly like him, minus the dreads and tattoos, but the resemblance is uncanny." Before I could get any more information, the doctor walked in, nervously looking at my dad as he quickly came to my aid. Maybe Tay was this person's son or something, but then again...he was being raised by two moms so I doubt he knows who his real dad is. It doesn't hurt to ask though.

- Thoughts?

- Do Ya'll Think It's A Possibility That Tay Is Quanie's Son?