Chapter 17 - I'm No Angel

"All right, so this is where Cas called from on Tuesday, Longmont, Colorado. Each circle is how far he might have gotten in one, two and three days out." Dean says, pointing down at the map in front of us on one of the tables in the library.

"Okay. Here we go." Sam says, looking down at his laptop, "Uh, same day he called from Longmont. Weird murder, same town. Cops said it was like the girl was blasted from the inside out."

"Angel kill." Dean murmurs, "Well, they might have just missed Cas. Unless they got him."

I hear the clicking of the laptop and Sam asks, "You got an Emory Park, Iowa?"

I shift my attention down to the map and nod my head, "Emory Park, Emory Park... I just saw that."

My finger traces over the map and I spot it, "Yeah, a couple of days outside of Longmont."

"Okay, because two priests were murdered there, Thursday." Sam says and I frown as I look towards him as he explains, "Eyes blown out, evidence of torture. They were impaled on posts."

"Torture?" Dean asks and Sam nods, "Yeah."

"Angels are looking for info." I mutter, shaking my head, "I mean, if they get to him before we do..."

"Yeah." Sam states and the mood in the room shifts as we all worry for the safety of our friend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The point of my heels sinks slightly in the grounds of the church as we walk behind one of the homeless people that help maintain the church.

"Yeah. Yeah. I think I know this guy you're talking about. Sounds like Clarence." The man states and Dean slows to a stop, "Clarence?"

"The church who runs the shelter in town, we work here. We earn our keep." He explains, "Clarence spent a couple of nights and then had to move on."

"And he left the day the bodies were found?" I question, causing the man to nod in conformation, "Matter of fact... Oh man, those poor guys were a mess. They must have suffered bad. But at least now they are with the angels."

"I sure as hell hope not." Dean mutters, earning a confused look from the man. I cut in quickly, "Clarence happen to mention where he was headed?"

"No." The man says with a shake of his head, "He just said he always had to keep going."

I bite at my lip and sigh, no lead coming from the questioning. Dean gives him a thanks and we both turn to make our way back to the car where Sam waits. We climb in and I spot my fiancé typing away at his laptop.

"Yeah alright, well. He's definitely been here." Dean says, shutting the door to the impala behind him, "Good news is he said he's getting cagey. He's using a fake name. Clarence."

Sam chuckles, "That's what Meg used to call him. Of course, he doesn't get that's the name of a pretty famous angel."

"What?" Dean asks, looking confused and I frown, "'It's A Wonderful Life.'"

Dean shakes his head unknowing and Sam frowns at him, "Dude, seriously?"

Dean narrows his eyes, "What did you come up with?"