Chapter 23

It's been 23 minutes now.

Mark and Jackson were still in the same position,  Mark resting his head on Jackson's broad chest sobbing uncontrollably, while Jackson patiently held him.

Mark was exhausted from all the crying. His eyelids got heavier and heavier until he dozed off in Jackson's chest.

Jackson couldn't hear Mark sobbing anymore, so he called out to him.

"Mark?"

He nudged Mark's shoulder and slowly detatched Mark from his wet shirt only to see Mark was asleep.

Jackson gently picked up Mark and carried him to bed where he laid down Mark. He felt another unmeasurable pain in his chest.

Mark wasn't supposed to weigh this light. He was supposed to be healthy.

Can't let the tears fall now, Jackson.

He then proceeded to take out a small box of First Aid to disinfect Mark's wounds.

He always carried a First Aid box because he used to fence and would get hurt often. So he had experience in cleaning wounds.

Jackson scurried to Mark's side and slowly started to slide up his sweater.

It was just a heart wrenching sight.

The bruises, scratches, purple and blue patches.....

All of Mark's body.

It made Jackson's heart twist in intolerable ways.

He slowly brushed his thumb against Mark's hip bone looking at the wound with affection.

That woke up Mark from his sleep and he let out a pained yelp.

He abruptly pulled down his sweater catching Jackson off guard and sat up looking down shivering violently.

Not because it was cold.

Because he couldn't handle it.

So he moved himself away from Jackson and curled himself in a small foetus position. Violent sobs wracking his body.

Jackson slowly and silently made his way to Mark and gently tapped his shoulder.

Mark looked up, realizing the Chinese man still hadn't left.

He was flustered and stopped crying.

There was this unknown charm of Jackson that made him stop crying.
Just seeing himself was reassuring.

"Ah... I-I'm s-sorry about that...."

"You don't have to be sorry about anything Mark"

Jackson looked down to where Mark was tightly clenching his t-shirt and then looked back at those loving emerald-sapphire like eyes of his.

"Can I..... Tend to your bruises?"