Chapter 33

"Mom... Can I see the chit please?"

His mom handed him the crumpled long chit to Jackson.

Jackson unfolded the chit and read the messy handwriting.

Dear mom and dad (and everyone who supposedly cares)

I clearly rejected the marriage proposal coming from the Wang family but you guys didn't have the same mind. I thought I'd talk it out with you all but obviously you were rooted to that decision. I never thought I had to take the initiative to run away but after you pressurized you decision on me I just couldn't take it. I've listened to all your decisions my whole life but not this one. I won't agree to this.

So I'm running away. To a place where you won't be able to find me. I will come back once you guys have straightened up your minds. I don't care if that Jackson guy is willing for this marriage or not. But I want to make one thing clear; I don't care and I do not love him in any way.

Just to let you know I love someone else. He/she makes my life wonderful. And yes. I even grew the audacity to not tell you the gender. So please find another heir for your money driven business.

Dear Mr. And Mrs. Wang ( and Jackson)

I'm sorry, but I really don't love your son. He's a good hearted guy but not the one for me. So don't rebuke him. I hope you both can at least respect my decision, and if not, it's of the least concern to me.

Farewell you ungrateful people.

A smile grew on Jackson's face which astounded his parents.

"What are you smiling at? Explain this!"

Jackson looked sarcastically but happily at his parents.

"What's there to explain dad? It's clearly stated here that she rejects this marriage. And since her parents' opinions were unchanging, she ran away. That's it."

"But she's important! If she's not there our partnership is at stake! Don't you understand?"

" I thought my feelings and opinions should've been at stake mom. But I guess you guys really are money driven. If you care so much then fine. I don't want to replace dad's position either. I've got a business of my own!"

His parents were surprised at the outburst and the piece of hidden information they never knew about. Jackson ran a business? Jackson just calmly continued

"And I'm against this marriage too. So do whatever you want but I'm not going to marry whoever you tell me. I've found the one for me."

And with that, Jackson left his parents' mansion.