Chapter 25

The silence between them grew more and more awkward after Jackson had bandaged Mark's bruises.

Jackson badly wanted to avoid the weird and uncomfortable silence after what just happened.

He then forgot to tell why he left.

"I.... I'm sorry for leaving like that... Something important came up."

Mark looked at Jackson, nodding.

"Actually you see...." Jackson began scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

Mark nodded, indicating him to continue.

"My... Fiancée left me."

Mark was not able to see that coming.

Left him? Why?

Not wanting to come off as rude as he wasn't able to grasp the whole situation, he kept quiet. He nodded anyway.

"She said that she was also against the marriage and had no other option but to elope."

Mark nodded, understanding.

Wait.

Elope?

"Yeah, elope. She's found the one for her. And actually, they make a cute couple." Jackson stated.

Mark didn't realize he had said that out loud. But he grasped the situation with that sentence.

"I.... I assured her that I'd be okay with my parents here.... But I really don't know what to do. She left the country."

This was confusing for Mark too. He didn't have any idea on how to help Jackson with his problem. Considering he was only nineteen, and didn't know much about business deals and arranged marriages.

Suddenly Mark realized something. It's a touchy subject but he couldn't help but ask.

"Did you.... Come out to your parents?"