Chapter 4: Predator and Prey

Luke's P.O.V.

man the cafe is buzzing right now. people keep going in and out! i mean its nice that mom's cafe is going well but this is ridicilous! i cant even take a break! oh well at least i could see mom happy :)

its 9:30pm and people are still going to the cafe..im tired though... really i am. im not really built to last the whole day like this. i think i should  start working-out soon.

~ mom! can i go home now? im really tired and hungry.

liz - ok hunny!

as soon as i heard that i a peck her in the cheek. i cant last in the cafe anymore. i need to rest. mom just gave me tired smile knowing that im worn out.

i went to my car and drove off. several minutes later i arrived and quickly turn off the car, unlocked the door and went straight to bed. too tired to take off my clothes. heck, im too tired to do anything. i dozed off and i was in slumber.

~

~

~

honey..honey..honey

~ i heard a gentle voice as i woke up. i see mom sitting on the edge of the bed with a tired snile on her face. mom is still well-poised even shes tired. best mom ever :)

~luke, sorry to wake you up but i forgot my phone in the cafe. i already closed though.

( i look on my desk and its 11:30pm)

~sorry hun but can you fetch it for me? i dont feel well.

i smiled and i told her to go take her rest. shes done enough for today. i said my goodnights to her and i went down the house.

i remembred i havent took off  any of my clothes so i quickly grab the keys and drove off to the cafe. it didnt took me a while to get there so i get off the car and unlocked the front door of the cafe.

man its so dark in here. cant even see the on- switch! 

then suddenly someone grabbed me and threw me on the floor.

*thud*

my back jolted and i was in pain.

i cant move somehow. my arms was on tight grip. im really scared now. the feeling is eating me alive and im terrified.

i tried to look but its too dark. suddenly the moon and the clouds shifted apart and it gave a small light passing through the glass window.

still scared, i tried to look on the monster who is pinning me down on the floor with great strength. and i saw no monster.

i saw an angel-in-diguise.