Chapter 32: Starless

Luke's P.O.V

I feel like its been eternity.

eternity living in this hospital room.

The white walls and plastic-wrapped meals bores me to death. Thank god they I Tv in my room and couple of books to read.

Its only fun when mom and mikey comes over. they make my stay here less painful and more enjoyable, even if im in this ridiculous hospital gown.

Mikey comes over dialy as usual. He always brings me 'real' food and never fails to make me laugh.

he even told me about this boy he seeing, which i feel happy about them. Mom comes over at night to take care of me and bring me stuff that i need. Now she needs to juggle work, the house and me in her daily schedule. which i find exhausting on her part.

As for Calum he drops by unnoticed.

for my mom's sake. he often goes when they least expected. he usually dressed as a nurse and i got to say, he's doing a fine job disguising himself as a nurse. you cant really expectless when you're raised as an assassin.

I love the moments when Calum and i are together. He always take cares of me and whisper words that makes my heart flutter. Calum is a lot more sweeter than he is before and im loving it. He showers me with so much love that i can practically swim at it.

but i noticed that this several days he began to look weary and stressed. He thinks too much now that sometimes i caught him staring blankly into space. i know he is troubled. But everytime i ask him why. He either ignores my questions or change the topic. And im really losing my patience...

Tomorrow is the day that i can finally go home. Mikey insist to my mom that he can take me home safely. besides she needs to manage the cafe and i can already do normal things without wincing in pain.

I can walk, eat, laugh, normally now but still im told to take it easy.

which i will.

its 11:49pm and my mom already left to prepare the house for my arrival. mikey was gone several hours ago too. i told them i can handle myself now. at first they didnt agree but due to hours of proving to them that im ok now they finally agreed and they will meet me in the morning.

Besides.. i have calum at my shadows looking after me. That boy really knows how to blend in.

he makes me feel safe.

Calum is sitting beside me now watching something on tv while eating his chips. As for me, Im just laying down on the hospital bed resting and enjoying calum's company.

i began to admire the little things about him. Like how he stick his tounge out when he takes a picture, like how he pokes my cheek when i pretend that i dont listen to him,

like how he sings made up songs about him having sex with me. which i always blush like a tomato when he does that...

i chuckled to the thought of it and earning an attention from calum.

he placed his chips on the desk and began to lean towards to me.

hi..

hey..

so..what are laughing about?

nothing love.. its just i remember those songs u sang about..u know..sex..

*smirks*..you want me to sing one right now?

...calum no. behave ok?

hehe im joking babe! love you!

i love you too babe!

he smiled and placed a sloppy kiss on my lips. i kissed back and chuckled on his cuteness. we stared at each other for a moment and he slowly began to look at me seriously.

you know..im just really glad that you're ok now..i really thought im going to lose you..

i cant bear the thought of you lifeless...it scares me lukey...

thats my fear... fear of your heart not beating anymore.

Now he's tearing up. it breaks me inside seeing him like this. So i pulled him close as he went beside me on the bed. Now were cuddling. face to face. our bodies are so close that i can practicaly hear him breathing.

it was soothing for the both of us.

the care in our eyes..

the touch of our skin..

the comfortable silence..

it was perfect.

we both feel infinite.

as if everyone doesnt exist.

as if its only me and him.

a few moments later he closed eyes.

he breathes deep and gently exhales it. he grabs my hand and hold it. His tears began to flow and his face began to tense and turn red.

he's sobbing.

Lukey...i need you to understand me..

i need you to understand the things i will say..

because this words already killed me inside.

i have already thought this through.

i need to protect you and this is the best way i can...

im doing this because i care for you..

im doing this because i love you..

Lukey....i-i need..to go..away..

Lukey..

im leaving you...