A New Start - Apollonia

I woke up the next morning at 10am. Zoe was already down stairs, cleaning up the mess from breakfast.

"I dropped the kids off this morning" she smiled and passed me a cup of coffee.

"Thanks, for everything. I'm a complete mess and the last thing you need" I sniffed.

"Your family Apple. We gotta look after our own. I take it you didn't hear from him"

"Nope"

Zoe sighed heavily and reaches out for my hand when my phone rang. "Maybe it's him?" She shrugged.

"It's Jorma" I smiled half heartedly as pressed the answer button.

"How you doing today?" He asked happily down the phone.

"I'm pretty sure me and Q are over, or if were not then he cheated on me" I scoffed.

"Ouch. Want some good news?"

"Go on..."

"Well, Andy and I really like you. Your one of the best writers we've seen in a long time, you also don't mind getting your hands dirty and doing some producer type work, which is great, because we recently had approval to shot a new tv series for fox. I'll email you details across, have a read through and let me know what you think about joining the team as a co-writer and producer"

"You serious" I coughed on my coffee

"Fuck yeah. Listen, I gotta shot. Call me later. Byeeeeee"

I put the phone down on the table and broke into a crazies laughter. "I've just been offered a job as co-writer and producer for a new tv series".

After brunch with Zoe I headed back to my apartment and spent the rest of the day reading though what Jorma had sent me. The show was called Brookyln-nine-nine. It was a comedy about detective unit in Brookyln. The humour was genius, I was completely blown away by Andy's and Jorma's writing. Soon as I finished reading I quickly called Jorma.

"When do I start" I laughed when he answered.

Jorma laughed. "Hold up, production doesn't start until the new year, and we are gonna need to spend the rest of year over in LA, dealing with the executives and getting plot ideas approved".

"We?" I choked

"We, and in you as well. This way you start getting paid straight away. $5,550 a week".

"WHAT"

"That okay?"

"Holy fuck. What about Bella though. She goes to school out here?"

"I'm bringing my wife and kid as well. Have a private tutor for her. Just explain it to the school and get the to supply you with the work she'll miss"

"Even on that wage I can't afford a private tutor. Especially with LA prices".

"Bellas the same age at Emily. They can work together. That way they will have a friend out there as well"

"You've thought about everything huh?"

"I told you I'd take care of you".

After clearing up a few more details with Jorma, I headed into the kitchen began making dinner. Bella returned home from school shortly after and made a start on her homework as I finished off.

"So you know how I stopped working at SNL?" I asked Bella as we finished dinner later on.

"Yeah..." she replied in an uninterested tone.

"Well... I've been offered another job. It's to work as a co-writer and producer for a new tv series with Andy Samberg"

"Seriously, I love the lonely island" she smiled and began to look more interested.

"There's a catch though. We'll need to spend the rest of year, like 2 to 3 weeks in LA. We're going to be staying in a really cool apartment next to the beach and it will be really hot and sunny. Like being on holiday, just a slightly longer one".

"What about school?"

"Your going to be taking lessons with Jorma's daughter Emily. She's the same age as you, and we'll be back in New York for Christmas".

"What about Brian?" She asked in a slightly sadder tone.

"We broke up"

"Why?"

"Becuase boys are stupid"

Bella fell silent for a moment, I could tell she was studying my face. Finally she broke into a smile. "I could of told you that. I mean, I liked Brian, but your my aunty"

"Thanks Bella, so you okay with our long holiday?"

"Errr yeah" she laughed.

I spent the next day arguing with the teachers at Bellas school. After a long and painful discussion with the head teacher, they had finally allowed her to miss school so long as she kept up with the work. Jorma had then informed me that he had booked my flights for Sunday, which was two days away, and also sorted out the rented apartment and car. So then began the made rush to find passports and pack all our clothes.

I don't think I stopped to breathe until we had finally checked in and had found our gate at the airport. It was as though a wash of cool relaxing water had rushed through my body. The past week had been so crazy and depressing, but I finally felt like things were slowly on their way back up. That was until my phone rang out with the name Q across it.