fall

"It's his favourite season," Chris sighs as he stirred his cup of coffee. I sip into mine, as I watched the clouds above us. Changbin and Hyunjin are quietly conversing, Jisung's eating his cheesecake, as usual, with Minho trying to get a piece of it. "Get your own!" I hear Jisung tell him. Woojin, Seungmin and Jeongin are staring at Chris' laptop screen, sitting at the top of the table. It's ringing. Ugh, I hate that sound. The hell are they watching.

"I know, right," I murmur. Last autumn, I remember we were always spending it together, apple picking, long drives, we even rented a cabin at the mountains beside a stream where we fished so that we could have something to eat--well, we only got like three fishes and the potatoes we brought are not enough, so Woojin and Chan ended up waiting for the pizza delivery guy near the road because they ordered large boxes of pizza, some fries and bottles of drinks for our dinner.

Minho called for a waiter, "Um, I also want a cheesecake, Jeongin, what did you want again?"

"Toast and butter hyung!" Jeongin says. "Oh, and vegemite...." he adds. "Do they have that?"

"Do you have that?" Minho asks the waiter. The waiter nods. "That one too, please. Thanks." The waiter walks away and Minho faced him, "Vegemite? Really?" he asks Jeongin.

"Is it on, hyung?" Jisung asks Woojin, gesturing towards the laptop. He shakes his head. "Til now?" Woojin nods.

"Because Felix hyung likes toast with vegemite," Jeongin says. The mere mention of his name pinched my heart. Hyunjin pointed at the horizon, the sun slowly creeping up the sky, emanating an orange-pink light as the sky turns into the lightest shade of blue, it's almost white, the colour from the sun mixing with the sky. It's beautiful.

"We better take a picture of the sunrise. Oh, if only Felix could see this," Hyunjin says, smiling.

Stop.

"Yeah, he'd be your buddy to take pictures here and there," Binnie sighed, looking up at the clear sky. There are birds flying, forming a V, and there was an airplane coming from the north. "Remember when we had breakfast at Tavolo?"

Chan groans. "I do remember that, and I do remember how light my wallet has become, I also do remember how empty my bank account was--"

"As empty as your soul, Felix says," Minho tells him nonchalantly, as he slices into his cheesecake and now, Jisung's the one begging for some.

Oh, damn. Stop reminiscing--"Ah, jinjja, this is going to be a never ending chain!" he complained, but feeds Jisung nevertheless.

"I remember when Felix used to steal all my cheesestick," Jisung says, as he chewed. His cheeks are so cute. "Sometimes he'd steal my sausage, too, but I'd give it to him because he really loves that."

The laptop suddenly dinged, which made us look at it. "Invitation accepted--but suddenly turned into...ugh..." Chan says, making the laptop face him.

"Ah, that's better. What should I do now? It's busy..." he says loudly, almost shouting at his laptop. We can hear a low female voice from the laptop, along with the sound of papers being flipped, and the sound of a pair of hands pressing the keyboard. Chris adjusted the laptop so that we can all see what's playing in it.

"Kat," Chris says. He's sitted across from me, so he's staring back at me. I suddenly felt my chest tighten when I saw his face, what the fuck. It's that time again. He's looking at me with a straight face, which I only see when he's really serious, when he's not in the mood--oh damn. I'm kinda scared with his expression.