18 - Mr Hastings

I always love writing a good ass beating. They're so fun to write about, honestly. I hope you guys enjoy this new update.

___________________________________

I sat at the table and ate my sandwich. I picked at the watermelon cubes in the middle of the table and eagerly drank the orange juice in my glass. I was starving.

Jenny giggled from next to me as she ate some fruit. She was signing forms for something that I assumed was important. But she kept looking up at me. She was distracted.

"You know, I can't believe that you ran away from him yesterday. It was kind of hilarious," Jenny told me, finally breaking the ice by referencing about the day before with Liam. I stilled and looked up at her.

Hilarious? It wasn't hilarious! I ran away because I was petrified! I still was. I was so scared that it kind of made my mind hurt. I knew I shouldn't be scared of Liam, but I couldn't help it. Most of the men in my life were assholes and I felt like I had a right to be cautious.

"Well he scared me so I ran," I said through of mouthful of sandwich. Jenny smiled and shook her head at me.

"I wouldn't worry about him, sweetheart. He's a good male. A good wolf. I promise you," Jenny told me. I nodded but I still wasn't sure. She knew him better than I did.

I had every right to be suspicious of him.

There was a knock on the front door. I sighed as I felt my hair stand up on my neck. It was Liam. How convenient.

Jenny got up and went to the door. I scoffed down my food so fast that I almost choked. I heard their voices from the front door. Liam's voice was so soothing and deep. It made my everything melt.

When Jenny returned to the room, she smiled knowingly at me. I looked away from her. I didn't want to talk to Liam at all. I wasn't ready.

"Lover boy is at the door for you," Jenny said teasingly. I narrowed my eyes at her. I knew he could hear us. She did too.

"Jenny! I don't want to talk to him," I hissed lowly. I hoped he didn't hear that.

It wasn't that I didn't want to talk to Liam. It was the whole mate thing that I didn't want to talk about. I didn't want to face the situation now or ever.

"Aw, too bad. Go now or I'll just let him come in here," Jenny demanded. I sighed and rolled my eyes at her. I got up from my chair and trotted to the front door. I wasn't happy about this.

The closer I got to Liam, the better I felt. He smelt magnificent, and his warmth seemed to wrap around me despite the fact that we weren't even touching. The pull simmered and heated up.

My wolf grew giddy. She purred and wanted me to pull him inside and take him to my bedroom. I didn't want him anywhere near me. Not right now.

I got to the door and lifted my gaze from the floor. Liam and I met eyes, and I couldn't help but melt into them. They were such an intense deep brown that they almost blended with his pupils. They were wonderful.

I grabbed the door and stood against it as I looked at him. He cleared his throat, looking me up and down.

"Hey," he said simply. I bit my lip nervously. The pull simmered some more. I already resented it.

My beast scolded me for thinking so negatively of our mate and the pull. She didn't like that we weren't giving ourself to him right this very second.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" He asked me softly. My beast whined. I shook my head at him.

"Not really. It's kind of cold outside," I mumbled back. It was the first set of words I had ever said to him. I regretted not saying hello.