72 - Welcome to Our World

This chapter could get a little confusing or even just intense as hell! I hope you enjoy.

___________________________________

I sighed as I left my bedroom. Liam's scent continued to swirl around my nose and I savoured the scent as best as I could. It was wonderful and made me warm inside.

He'd stayed the night, but he was gone early in the morning. Neither of us wanted to risk him getting caught, so he made sure to shower in my bathroom before he snuck out and headed back to his cabin. He was covered in my scent before I left, and it was wonderful. I dreaded watching him get out of bed and head towards the shower.

I never wanted to get his scent off me, but I had to. If I had a run in with anyone who wasn't on my side, things could go bad. I showered after Liam did, and almost cried as I watched the water slip down the drain, Liam's scent going with it.

I walked down the hallway, stretching my arms as I walked into the kitchen where Jenny stood, making herself a coffee. She was an early bird too. Ezra was as well, but he didn't like being up as early as Jenny did.

"Morning," I greeted her softly. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Glad to see you're getting back into your routine. Don't overwork yourself today," Jenny told me. I smiled and nodded at her. "Link me if you need help. Security isn't tight."

I sighed but nodded anyway. I knew she was just being cautious. No one needed another rogue attack. I didn't feel like being injured again either.

I left the house and breathed in the fresh air of the morning. The sun was only just rising and I smiled to myself as I headed to a trail that I didn't usually take. It was one of the more difficult ones, a trail with a lot of rocky ledges and hills. I'd only taken it once or twice, because it was so challenging. I needed something to get me back into shape.

I ran fast and hard through the woods. My beast was hungry with determination. She felt so trapped while we were sitting inside that cabin. It felt good to get out again.

We ran up the hills and along the trail embedded in the dirt. The nature was only just waking up, the dew on the plants fresh and the bugs and insects readying themselves for the day ahead. It was peaceful.

After a while, I came to a fork in the path. I frowned and cocked my head. I didn't remember the fork in the path being there last time I ran the trail. So I look the right, and ran faster.

I trekked further and further, exploring the new trail. My beast was buzzing with curiosity to know what this new trail would lead us to. We'd been on almost every trail in the pack that we could find.

Most were pretty boring, the others were challenging and exciting. This one was challenging for sure, but it also gave my beast a bit of an edge. I wasn't sure if I was threatened or not.

I was tempted to go back. I didn't know where I was going and I mostly just didn't want to get in trouble. Most times, I didn't run for long. It only took about thirty minutes usually.

But not today. I knew that I had to find something special of my own out on this new trail. Maybe just a small patch of flowers or even a large comfortable looking boulder to rest on. It could be my little secret. Or possibly even a get away spot with Liam.

As I neared the cliffside, I heard something rustle behind me. A snap. I span around so fast that I almost knocked myself over. Nothing was there.