74 - The Dungeon

So now you guys know. What do you think of it all?

Enjoy this new chapter. I'm working hard on chapters for you all. My motivation is low right now but I am pushing through :)

___________________________________

"Henry! Come quick! This girl! She was looking through the valley. She came inside and was looking through our things," Livia said, throwing me a discreet look that told me she was doing it to protect me as well as the others.

If Henry knew that I knew about him and his evil plans, then he'd kill me for sure. I had to pretend like I knew nothing. It was the safer option.

My beast howled in agony. She wanted his head on a damned stick. He was no Alpha. He was a monster.

I wasn't sure if I could even tell anyone else about it. If I told the others, the first thing they'd do would be tell Liam. I had to keep them all safe.

I could start by finding Mira and getting her out the dungeon she was being kept in. I had to find her. It was the witches' only hope at escaping Henry. It was my only hope at getting rid of Henry too.

"Did she find anything?" Henry hissed out to them. They all shook their heads. I realised that they were all scared of him.

They didn't want him to kill their friend. They feared what he would do to them. I was sure they could kill him in seconds, but what happened after that was a whole different story.

I didn't blame them for doing what they were doing. They were protecting me yet throwing me under the bus at the same time. Their friend, Mira was much more important than I was to them and I understood.

"Hold her still!" Henry demanded to them. One of Henry's men held shackles in his hands. I widened my eyes at them. Were they seriously going to shackle me?

I felt my body freeze completely. I couldn't move. It was similar to what happened when I first arrived at the witches' cottage. I wasn't in pain. Yet.

Henry stormed up to me and I held my breath. He was seething anger. I knew he wanted to kill me.

"You little shit. Can't you stop putting your nose where it doesn't belong?" He shouted at me. I shuddered. I was scared that he would hurt me. What if he did? What would I tell everyone?

No one would believe that their Alpha hurt me. None of them would be on my side. I couldn't expect everyone to turn on their Alpha.

Henry hit me, his claws raking across my cheek. I yelled as my body flew to the floor. I hit the ground hard, wincing. My face burned painfully. I felt the blood drip down my neck and soak into my shirt.

"Put the shackles on. Let's get her back," Henry demanded. The men who were with him rushed over to me. They handled me aggressively and I squirmed. I tried to fight them.

They overcame me and they put the shackles on me. They did them up tight, my wrists burnt. Henry scoffed at me.

"I can't believe it. Talking to rogues about attacking the pack? Traitor," Henry laughed at me. I widened my eyes at him as I knew exactly what he meant.

He was going to tell everyone I was working with the rogues.

"No! I wasn't! I was just walking, I swear. I saw the cottage and wanted to know if anyone lived in it. Please don't!" I cried out as I was lifted off the ground and to my feet. Henry scoffed at me and looked away.

"Sugar, what's wrong?" Liam called to me. He must've felt my panic and distress.

"Let's get her back. Everyone needs to know what a traitor she is," Henry demanded. He flicked his hand and the men holding me began to pull me back in the direction of the pack.