15 - Secret Conversations

This chapter is probably going to be my favourite out of all of them. It's the start of the drama and the start of a lot more too. It's going to be incredible, I already know it.

___________________________________

I woke early on Friday morning, earlier than I usually did. I had been awake since three a.m and my beast finally urged me to get up after hours of staring at the ceiling like it would change my options and decisions for the day.

I pulled on clothes and my head clouded the closer that I got to the front door. I walked into the kitchen where Ezra stood with Jenny wrapped around him. She was slumped into him tiredly and he had his arm linked around her waist.

They were cute. I had to admit.

"Morning, princess. Sleep well?" Ezra asked me. I honestly shook my head at him. I didn't see the point in lying about it. Ezra gave me a sympathetic look and I shrugged at him as Jenny pulled away and faced me.

"So are you leaving today?" She asked me with a small smile. Ezra avoided my gaze as I sighed and nodded.

"I don't want to, but I have duties and responsibilities back in Terialta. I can't just leave. But I will be coming back to visit, that's for sure," I told them both. Jenny continued to smile at me whilst Ezra sighed and nodded.

He knew that I had to go, but he didn't want me to.

"Well I have to get going. Long day today, but I'll catch you guys later, alright?" I smiled at them. They both nodded and waved me out the house. I met Lila and Brayleigh outside. They grinned at me.

Lila hugged me tightly, unexpectedly. She held me tight and sighed softly. She must've known that I was going to be leaving. That explained her sadness.

"We'll really miss you," Brayleigh said as Lila pulled away. Brayleigh hugged me and I smiled weakly. When she pulled away, Lila wiped a tear from the corner of her eyes.

"Don't cry! I don't have to leave until later!" I exclaimed. She laughed at me and rolled her eyes playfully despite the tears in her eyes. When I looked back to Brayleigh, she looked as if she was about to cry too. I wanted to cry.

I sucked in a deep breath and nodded my head towards the track. We all set off running fast. The entire way, none of us spoke. We glanced at each other occasionally and smiled. There were even moments where we would laugh at nothing in particular.

We stopped at the stream and I sat back to watch the girls drink. My wolf shook out her fur and sniffed the air. The atmosphere was different and it made me feel... good. It was a good energy that floated around me and it felt wonderful.

I didn't know what it was. But I didn't want it to go away. Because it was good. Really damn good.

When we got back to the pack, everyone was awake and buzzing as per normal. But everyone seemed much happier than they usually did. I didn't question it though. Maybe it was just a good day for everyone.

"I'll catch up with you. I think I should go see Henry first and let him know that I won't be staying," I said to the girls after we shifted back and slipped on different clothes. They nodded at me and I headed off towards the pack house.

People were rushing around. Most of them seemed incredibly busy. They were all talking excitedly about whatever interested them. I caught a few words that sounded like they related to Lila's brothers returning. But I wasn't too sure.

I approached Henry's office. I smelt him from all the way down the hallway. He was a strong Alpha, but that didn't take away the edgy vibes I got from him.