31 - Arguments

I hope you're all enjoying everything so far. I know that I'm enjoying it. If you're wondering, there is a reason as to why I am writing Henry the way I am. You'll find out soon enough.

___________________________________

I trotted into my room and frowned at the bear skin rug that was on the floor. I stared at it intensely, waiting for it to disappear, but it didn't. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I walked over to it and grabbed it off the floor.

I shook it out to make sure that wasn't any dust on it and noticed the note taped to it.

I'm sorry - L

I huffed and pulled the note off. I breathed in deeply and let Liam's scent dance around my nose. He smelt magnificent and I realised how much I missed him. It had been two whole days since our argument. He hadn't spoken to me once since that, nor had I tried to speak to him.

I folded the bear skin and sat on my bed, rubbing my hands along the fur. It was so soft and wonderful. I loved it.

I missed Liam. I missed him calling me that stupid nickname and his hand in mine, I missed his warmth and his seductive smirk. I wanted to talk to him, and I knew I would have to eventually, but I could barely face him.

If I were to speak to him, it would mean we'd have to talk about what happened the other night. I'd have to tell him why I got worked up. I would have to tell him about Brennon.

I wasn't ready for that. I knew that too well. It was like a feeling in my gut that told me that I wasn't ready. I wanted to tell him, but the words would get stuck in my throat anyway.

I wasn't ready and I didn't know when I would be.

The bond twisted as I breathed in again. It pulled and tugged at me. It was a dull ache all over my body and a headache that wouldn't seem to go away. Jenny said that it happened when we argued or when we were apart. It made me want to be with him even more.

I stood again and left my room. I glanced down at the bear skin rug on my bed and sighed. He had given it to me and I gave it back after our argument. Then, he made effort to come into my room and give it to me.

God damn. He made it so hard to be mad at him.

"This is bullshit. He's doing nothing about it, Jen. What if people start showing up dead?" Ezra's voice hissed out. I heard a sigh. Jenny's sigh.

"We can't do anything against his orders, Ez. We'd be kicked out," Jenny replied. Ezra grunted and I walked into the kitchen.

The two vampires were sat at the table together, drinking coffee and eating biscuits.

"What's going on?" I asked Ezra. He seemed pretty worked up about what we he was talking about. Maybe it was something serious.

Ezra looked from me to Jenny, who nodded. He looked back to me. He sighed deeply and rubbed his forehead.

"There have been some rogue sightings lately and Henry is doing nothing about it," Ezra told me bluntly. Jenny sighed and put his hand over Ezra's.

"Neighbouring packs, including Terialta have been giving reports about rogue sightings. The other night, we had one of our own. Henry is dismissing it as a once off and won't take action," Jenny explained in better detail. I frowned at this.

What? Rogue sightings? People were seeing rogues around? Terialta too?

"Why would he not do anything about it? Rogues are never good news," I asked. Jenny shook her head and Ezra grunted again. He definitely wasn't happy at all.