64 - That Girl

Things are heating up now. I hope you're all damn excited because I sure am. I can't fricking wait. Please be patient with my new uploading schedule. It will be worth it.

___________________________________

I sighed as I walked away from Liam's office. I shook my head to myself and rubbed my arms. I felt uncomfortable.

I only wanted to go and say hello to Liam, but the moment I got close to his door, I sniffed out Veronica. I knew it would be stupid if I had gone in that room. I probably would've tried to kill her. I was still pissed at everything that had happened. I didn't want to face any of that.

I sighed again as I left the pack house. I looked up from my feet and held my breath as I watched Henry approach me. I stopped walking as he stopped in front of me. He looked angry.

He still hadn't spoken to me about what had happened with Veronica and I. I thought he was letting me off, but I wasn't completely sure. He seemed pretty pissed when he first spoke to me, when Veronica and I were finally pulled away from each other.

"Henry," I acknowledged. He glared at me and stilled. His body tensed up and I thought I saw him gulp.

I stood a little taller. I felt strange, not being intimidated by this Alpha. My Alpha.

My beast didn't see him as my Alpha. She didn't respect him and she wouldn't give in to his hard glare and intimidating eyes.

Most wolves could never be this bold to their Alpha. I could never even act like that with my father. They were always the ones in charge, but my beast and I did not respect this wolf. I knew that I could easily go against his orders.

"You're walking on a thin line, Alison. You don't know what you're getting yourself into," Henry told me with a low growl. I frowned at him and clenched my fists a little. I wanted to hit him already.

I knew I couldn't do anything. Retaliating would turn the majority of the pack against me and probably get me thrown out the pack. I didn't need that.

"I haven't done anything, Henry. Your daughter is the one who can't leave my mate alone," I told him calmly. Henry scoffed and made a look. He screwed up his nose in disgust and shook his head. I hated him.

He was disrespectful and plain rude. He had no reason to hate me. I hadn't done anything to him.

"Veronica is not the problem. You are. You need to stay away from Liam," Henry told me. He sounded like he was ordering me, but I didn't feel the need to comply.

I wanted to punch him badly.

"He's my mate! I'm not staying away from him!" I hissed out in shock. What was he saying? Asking me to stay away from Liam?

Who did he think I was?

"I gave you an order, Grey. I expect you to follow along," Henry said in a low voice. I screwed up my nose and glared at him. "You are not good for that boy."

"Over my dead body," I told him. Henry's lips curled upwards. His devilish smile made my skin crawl.

"Listen here, my daughter gets what she wants. She wants Liam and you're in the way. I suggest you back the hell off and let the boy mark my daughter, or I'll be forced to take matters into my own hands," Henry threatened me. I widened my eyes and him. I seriously was contemplating hitting him at this point.

Me? I need to back off? To let Liam mark Veronica? Bullshit!

I knew that there was one disadvantage in my relationship with Liam. The marks that we had yet to put on each other. Until I had a mark on my neck and he had the same, we weren't officially claimed.