80 - Wake Up

Holy crap, 80 chapters. What an achievement. This is so exciting. I hope you like this chapter.

___________________________________

"Are you sure you're ready to start training again?" Gwendoline asked me as we walked. I nodded at her and stretched my arms. We made our way around the back of the house and walked along the trail towards where Nicolas said he'd meet me.

We'd gone on a run, the both of us deciding that we needed some exercise. Sitting around doing nothing was more than boring. Plus, I felt lazy. I liked being out and about, doing things and running around.

It kept me busy and on my feet.

It stopped my from thinking about Liam for just a little bit.

"I'm sure. I feel fine, Gwen," I told her. She offered me a smile and we continued walking. We eventually found where everyone was, my brothers and Bodie included. Christian and Nicolas were stretching by some sparring rings that were marked out in the dirt.

Others from the pack were buzzing around, running around to do their training and complete their daily duties. It was a nice day and I didn't think that anyone would stay inside.

"Morning girls," Nicolas greeted us both. I smiled at him and tied my hair up into a ponytail.

"Ready to get your ass kicked?" Jax said with an eager smile. I scoffed at him and rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, Jax," I said. He just laughed and playfully shoved my arm.

"You can work with me first. I don't want to push you too far, especially since you've just recovered from numerous injuries," Nicolas said. I nodded at him and stretched my arms above my head again.

My beast was itching to be let out. She was tired of being cooped up. She needed a stretch. I couldn't have agreed more.

Christian walked over to Bodie, who was standing with Gwendoline in another sparring ring. I knew that Bodie needed to be trained again also. After being locked up for so many years, he was a little rusty.

I looked back to Nicolas just in time to dodge the punch he was throwing at my head. I jumped back and fell straight on my ass. Jax and Rae laughed hard from outside the ring. I shot them both warning looks.

I got up quickly and wiped the dirt off my clothes. I watched Nicolas carefully and we began to stalk each other. We walked around the ring slowly.

My beast was getting more and more eager to be let out. She wanted to fight. She wanted to release some stress and some anger. The two of us were more than excited to finally get back to doing what we loved.

"Stand up straight. Your posture is sloppy," Nicolas ordered me as he came at me again. He swung hard and fast. His fist hit me in the jaw, and I felt my entire body fly to the side.

I stumbled, holding my hand to my jaw as I did so. I managed to keep myself from falling, and when I looked back to Nicolas to fight back, he'd already moved too fast for me to react to.

He nailed me hard in the shoulder, and then again in the stomach. I doubled over in pain and grunted as Nicolas kicked my feet out from underneath me. I went down, landing with a thud in the dirt.

Damnit.

Jax was laughing so hard from outside the ring that Rae was patting his back as he coughed. I rolled my eyes and looked to Nicolas.

"Focus, Alison! You're distracted!" Nicolas demanded. I looked back to him and yelped as I narrowly avoided his boot to my face. I rolled to the side and he stomped down on the dirt.