4 - Alpha Strength

I can't wait to get into this book. I'm so excited to write more and I'm so excited to get properly into the story. I'm just so excited.

_______________________________

"Morning, princess," Ezra greeted as I walked into the kitchen. I looked up at him and smiled as I yawned. I took his coffee mug from his hands and quickly sipped from the warm liquid. I handed his mug to him and pulled my hair behind my ears.

"Morning," I mumbled.

My body was still sore from the day before. The gashes hadn't completely healed yet but they were fading quickly. I was happy that they were healing so fast.

"You going for a run this morning?" Ezra asked me, sipping on his coffee. I nodded at him and stretched. My back cracked and I smiled.

Ezra didn't asked about what happened the night before and I was glad. I didn't need him trying to pry his way into my personal life. I wasn't ready to share that part of myself with anyone. I didn't think I ever would be.

When the knock on the door came, I bounded towards it. I called goodbye to Ezra. I heard his light chuckles as I reached the door and pulled it open. I expected to see Kade and Alfie.

Instead, I saw Lila and Brayleigh. Alfie and Kade weren't even out in the yard.

"Hi!" I greeted the two girls. They were both dressed in workout gear and I quickly guessed that they were going to be running with me.

"Alfie said we could run with you this morning. Kade is being a pussy about his baby scratches and didn't want to come out," Brayleigh told me quickly. I giggled and rolled my eyes as I stepped out the house and closed the door.

The girls took me on a different trail. They made me run down one that was closer to the pack infirmary. It was a narrow trail that only got more narrow as we ran.

The girls shifted into their wolves first. I followed them straight after and caught up to them quickly. Lila was a blonde wolf, tall and strong. She was bigger than I was, and even bigger than Brayleigh.

Brayleigh's wolf was an ashy grey colour. Her wolf had long legs and a long body, but she wasn't tall. It was because she wasn't an Alpha.

Alpha wolves were always bigger than the average wolf. It was common sense. The most powerful were always the biggest.

As we ran, Lila challenged me. She pushed hard and Brayleigh harder. I kept up with Lila who seemed to be racing. But it was hard. She was quick, but I seemed to be quicker. I found myself running ahead of Lila soon enough and I could feel her excitement when I passed her.

I felt a pushing at my mind. It was Brayleigh and Lila trying to link with me. They would be able to do this only whilst I was staying in Takiani.

I let them in, welcoming my friends into my mind.

"You're so fast! How do you do that?" Brayleigh exclaimed loudly. I chuckled and slowed, letting them catch up again. I wasn't an expert on the forest and I didn't want to get lost.

"I use my legs, and I run, Bray," I replied cockily. Brayleigh nipped at my back feet in response and Lila's wolf tossed her head to the side.

"There's a stream up here that we can drink from. To the right," Lila told us both quickly. I looked back to where I was going before I tripped and embarrassed myself. I saw a fork in the path.