Chapter Six

I pulled her to the back so we could talk in private. "Listen Selena, I love the song you're doing, but I don't think its a good idea to perform it this weekend. Based on our past, don't you think its a little weird?" I tried looking as serious as I could. I tried giving her what she needed, but she made it so hard for me. "Justin, I chose that song for a reason, I wanted you to know I want to start over, undo the damage and make everything better. I know I don't deserve it, but you do." She was serous, my chest was burning from that. I saw the love in her eyes, but I still had a bad vibe about her. "Give me some time to think about it, okay?" She agreed and I left the studio.

I sent a text to Jennifer and told her to meet me at Danny's Cafe. I pulled into the parking lot and banged my head on the steering wheel. I didn't know what to do, I still remember Miley's advice. Time to see what's behind door number two. I made sure I was looking good and made my way into the joint.

There she was, sitting in the booth in a white shirt and pink jacket. Her hair was flowing perfectly like it always was , just a part was over her eyr, and she looked like she was waiting on someone, oh wait. I walked over and she had a huge smile on her face when she saw me. " For a minute, I thought you were standing me up." She smiled. She was just too beautiful, I just wanted to take her to my place and just kiss her all over, but I knew she was too classy to cheat on Taylor, even if he didn't treat her right. " I bet you're wondering why I asked you to meet me. Well, I know you and Selena had a thing sometime back, and I'm here to coach you right back into her

arms." Oh crap. I raised my eyebrow in confusion. " Wait, you invited me out, to talk about Selena and me?" I tried to hold in my anger. I felt weird about the whole idea. The girl I really wanted is trying to fix me up with the girl I despise, or I thought I despised her. I wonder if Jennifer knew that I had feelings for her. I wonder why she wanted Selena and I back together. How did she know about us? Was Taylor behind all of this? I just looked at her in shock. " I knew you wouldn't agree if I told you in advance. Besides, Miley thought it would be a great idea, you two really loved each other." I should've known, Miley always knew what was best for me, but now I think she's gone crazy. " I don't know about this, I don't think I will ever feel the same way for her like I use to. Things got too heavy, they ended badly, and its done. Nothing else you, me, or anyone really can do." I'm sure she could tell I wasn't interested, but that didn't stop her. " Justin, I know you're unhappy without her and I know she's unhappy without you. You two are perfect for each other." Her words cut me deep, it almost seemed like she was right. "Selena talked to me the other day, she told me you two were practicing a song today, and I think you two should sing it." Was I getting friendzoned? " Just think about it, okay?" I had no choice. "I'll think about it." I felt myself getting angry, she basically rejected me before I even asked her out. She gave me a hug and left the diner. I didn't know what to do, but I knew who to talk to.