Chapter Eight, Part 1

I woke up to realize Kayla was gone. I don't know why I freaked a little, I knew she was downstairs watching cartoons and eating her cereal. I looked at the time and realized I was late for school, for the 100th time. Its not like they care anyway. I got ready and headed downstairs. I crept up behind her and tickled her sides. She jumped in surprise and threw her cereal in my face. "JUSTIN!" I couldn't help but laugh at her, we laughed so hard at the mess. "Look what you did Kayla, looks like you're cleaning me up." She grabbed a napkin and wiped my cheek. "There, all clean." I haven't seen her all year, I hated when she went to live with her dad. We were split up when she was four and I was e. Now she's 14 and she's growing fast, too damn fast. We cleaned up the mess and I got changed. After I said my goodbyes, I headed on to school.

My phone started ringing and I answered," What's up Jay,  tomorrow's the big night. Everything all good?" I was still a little nervous, I know we all worked hard for this moment, but if we fuck this up, that's it, we're done for. "Hey don't worry about it, you'll do fine. I heard Jennifer was coming through, what have you two been doing?" When he said that, my heart skipped like a million beats. I didn't expect her to come, but it made me happy that she was showing up.

I pulled up to my parking spot and saw Carly standing in front, as if she were waiting for me. I hopped out and she ran up to me. "Justin you'll never believe what happened. Well, you remember the song you and I worked on? I sent it to this guy named Taylor and his dad owns his own label, so it looks like I'm gonna be famous." Oh shit.