Closer

bangtandripping

Summary:

au where yoonmin finally take a christmas vacation together after yoongi was too overworked and can’t get enough of each other.

Work Text:

“Ok baby this is the last one” yoongi said as he dropped their luggage on the floor

“Perfect. I’ll unpack and arrange everything till you get back ok?” jimin said with a smile on his face and leaned in for a kiss

“Don’t stress yourself. I’ll be as fast as I can and i’ll help you”

“shut up and go. i’ll do whatever the fuck i want”

yoongi laughed at jimin’s sassy face. “fine.”

After yoongi left, jimin looked at the luggage on the floor and took a long look at their cabin before sighing in relief. he was glad they were finally able to take a vacation together after almost of two years of dating. it’s not that they didn’t try to but work was always keeping yoongi busy and restless so they didn’t really have time just for their own.

before starting to unpack, jimin noticed the chimney in the middle of the living room. his eyes kept switching between the windows and the chimney.

they arrived quite late so now the sky was dark and covered in thick grey clouds, amplifying the winter atmosphere. the only lights outside came from the slightly orange street lights, reflecting on the windows and showing off the soothing way the big, puffy snowflakes fell continuously, covering everything in sight like a glittery white blanket.

the smell of wood and the relaxing view outside convinced jimin that he just had to light up the chimney. it was the season after all and it he wasn’t the most ‘stereotypical portraying of literary anything’ loving person than who was he? so that’s what he did. he lit it up and smiled like crazy cause it looked exactly like those extra cheesy christmas commercials and movies you see everywhere.

while yoongi ran some errands, jimin prayed it wouldn’t happen again. it was the only time he could get some rest from everything related to work and he just hated the idea of their vacation being ruined by that.

jimin was surprisingly quick with settling in. after checking twice to make sure he didn’t forget anything, he got rid of his dirty clothes and hopped in the shower. he could still feel how cold his body was because of the weather so he took it extra hot. to be a little honest, jimin didn’t like winter. he hated feeling cold all the time and having to put on three layers of clothing but yoongi loved winter so if he wanted to spend their little trip on the mountain side than he could face it. after seeing him so worn out lately jimin couldn’t care less about the cold weather. he just wanted yoongi to be happy.

when the older returned, the cabin was unexpectedly quiet. for a second he panicked.

“jimin? baby?”

“in here honey” jimin responded calmly

“why are you sitting in the dark weirdo?”

“i’m not!” the younger protested just as yoongi came in the living room

for a short moment yoongi was speechless. he found jimin laying on the couch in an oversized cozy sweater that exposed his neck and collarbones teasingly and just in his underwear, his blond hair still wet from the shower falling softly over his face and framing his features perfectly, with a book in his hand, reading just by the light of a lamp. the light from the fire bounced on the younger’s skin almost playfully, giving it an even more glowing golden color. seeing him so ethereal and delicate made yoongi wonder if the redness of his face was from the cold air outside or this mesmerizing view that was laying in front of his eyes.