Chapter 1

Erika's POV
I'm sitting at the movie theater bye myself waiting for my date a.k.a my boyfriend his names Noah.

I know you might be thinking "why didn't he pick you up?" Well some people would say he's a crappy boyfriend, but I love him with all my heart and we've been together for 3 years, I'm not just gonna give all of that up because he didn't pick me up to go to the movies.

*after movie*

Okay I know what you're thinking "Erika where's your boyfriend?" He probably just got caught up in traffic it's really busy here in LA.

Anyways I leave the movie and go home. When I walk in I see my dad with a fairly young man.

E: hey dad

D: so how'd it go?

E: he didn't show, but it's probably just traffic.

D: Erika come on this is the fourth time

Oh did I mention it's the fourth time he's done this?

E: dad it's traffic okay.

My dad sighed he worries about me all of the time he doesn't want me to be unhappy like my mom. She wasn't happy with me so she left. My dad said the reason she left is because they were fighting a lot and he wouldn't let me go with her but I've over heard conversations, she left because she wasn't ready for a kid at 17. She didn't want me.

Anywayyys.....

E: so who's this?

D: oh uh this is Jake my best friend

E: dad he's like 20

J: I'm actually 25

D: we met when I went back to college to get my degree so I could become a lawyer that's when you stayed with your Nana sometimes.

E: oh okay well hello Jake I'm Erika nice to meet you

J: nice to meet you as well.

I went upstairs to my room and called my bestie Kade.

K: hello

E: wassup ugly

K: nothing much what about you?

E: just got back from the movies.

K: did Noah show up this time?

E: no, but I'm sure he probably got caught up in traffic.

K: Erika you can't keep this going on this is the fourth time he's not shown up Erika and each time he's sees you his excuse is "Sorry traffic" you know d•mn well there isn't traffic all the time.

E: ugh I'll talk to him about it.

K: good now I gotta go to sleep I'll see you at school tomorrow.

E: bye

I hung up the phone and went back downstairs because I got a text from Noah saying he's here.

I went downstairs and went outside.

N: hey baby

E: hey

I crossed my arms and frowned.

N: what's wrong? I came to pick you up for our date.

E: oh you mean the date that was supposed to happen 3 hours ago and ended 1 hour ago?

N: oh Erika I'm so sorry it was uh-

E: traffic?

N: yeah traffic.

E: what's going on with you Noah?! You keep missing our dates and you just leave school in the middle of the day! I barely see you anymore!

N: my moms sick and has been for awhile the doctors don't know what's wrong with her.

E: well I'm sorry but you could've at least told me so I wouldn't have yelled at you.

N: it's fine babe

We both smiled and Noah pulled me into a hug.

E: *sighs* I love you Noah

N: I love you too Mikey. 

I smiled against his chest and then we pulled back.

E: well I have to go inside but I'll see you tomorrow at school?

N: we'll see I might have to be with my mom okay.

E: okay

I pecked Noah in the lips then went inside.

Jakes POV
We saw Erika come back into the house with a smile on her face then she went upstairs. But I know him his names Noah and he's my best friend Anthony's younger cousin.

D: she loves him but I think he's trouble

J: uh how long have they been dating?

D: around three years

J: did they ever take like breaks in their relationship?

D: not that I know of.

J: dude I know him and he told me a completely different girl was his girlfriend. I met her yesterday and it wasn't Erika. He's cheating on her Denis.

D: you can't tell her seriously we have to handle this.

J: are you crazy? She has to break up with him. Yeah I know you don't want her to be sad but she knows she has you for a situation like this and she will get over it. I did it and my ex cheated on me with my brother. She is in a toxic relationship and it's gonna get worse if you let it continue.

D: we'll figure this out in the morning

Just then Erika came down the stairs. With tears running down her face.....