Chapter 11

Jakes POV
I open the door to see Denis

J: um hey

I let him in and the guys just look at him.

D: where is she?

J: uh she's sleep and little bit upset with you.

D: well wake her up I only have a couple of hours we need to get to New York. Also hi

C,A: hey

J: she already said she doesn't want to go. Why are you only focusing on the things she doesn't want to do? Her best friend just died and you weren't there when she needed you most instead you complained about it. You are honestly in my opinion, not hers, but you are a sh•tty father.

D: I needed to make money to support her.

J: I don't know how the hell you became a lawyer because you aren't the brightest. Did you ever think she doesn't care about the money and just wanted her dad the only parent that didn't leaver her?

E: *screams bloody murder* (that means screams like she is about to get murdered btw)

Erika's POV
I wake up from my sleep and see Kade but his back was facing me.

E: Kade?

K: hi Erika

E: you're alive?

K: no...but I am.

He turns around and it isn't Kade I don't know what the fvck that is. I couldn't move all I could do is scream.

Four people ran into my room and the first person I saw was Jake which made me feel I bit more safe that he was now in here, the thing was still there staring at me and smirking, then just disappeared. After that I ran and hugged Jake. My heart was racing and I was breathing heavily. I saw the other three guys walk out I didn't even care at this moment to look at their faces but I'm pretty sure two of them were Chance and Anthony. I couldn't stop crying it sounded like him, just like him. I was so happy when I thought he was here.

J: shhh it's okay I'm here now.

E: h-he was here Jake.

J: what?

I pulled back from the hug and looked Jake in the eyes.

E: I saw him turned around and I heard his voice but when he turned to face me it wasn't him. It was some thing. Then when you guys came in here, it smirked then left.

Jake pulled me back into the hug.

J: Erika, he,,,he wasn't there. This type of stuff happens when someone close to you dies.

I just sighed and closed my eyes.

J: Erika?

E: yeah?

J: why did you come to me and not your dad?

E: my dads here?

J: yeah

E: why?

J: he wants you to come with him to New York.

E: be honest with me... Do I have to go?

J: what do you mean?

E: Do you want me gone?

J: no of course not you are like the best roommate ever.

E: *giggles* thank you Jake

J: no problem.

E: alright let's tell my dad that I'm not going with him again.

Denis's POV
Jakes friends pulled me out of the room and lead me to the living room.

C: so I'm Chance

A: and I'm Anthony

D: well I'm-

C,A: Denis

D: um okay

A: you're probably wondering why did Erika go to Jake and not you.

D: yeah

C: well it could be one of two reasons.

A: 1.) she didn't see you or 2.) she's more than a little upset with you for not coming when she needed you most and Jake was the one there for her. Even his mom came and helped to try and make her feel better.

Then we heard Erika laugh from the other room.

C: that's the first time we've heard her laugh in 4 days. Before Kade passed she was always smiling and happy.

D: well I-

A: stop trying to make excuses dude just except the fact that you screwed up.

Just then Erika and Jake walked out.

Jakes POV
Here goes nothing, I sat on the couch with Chanthony

E: hey dad

Denis went to hug Erika but she backed up.

D: hey Mi-

E: Why are you here?

D: to take you to New York with me.

E: and your girlfriend that you forgot to mention to me? We're you hanging out with her when you weren't answering any of my calls or even calling me?

D: I know I screwed up Erika but I came here to come and get you so we can live together again. I know you wanted to stay here for Kade but he's gone now so you can come with me.

I just face palmed who says that to their daughter.

E: I'm not going anywhere with you. I didn't only want to stay here for Kade, I wanted to stay here for me. I don't want to have to go and make new friends constantly. This is my home.

D: fine, I'll be leaving Saturday morning I'll come by to say goodbye.

He went to walk out but Erika stopped him. We all know why she did except Denis.

E: wait

D: what

E: do you not know what's happening on Saturday?

D: um no.

E: it's my birthday dad.

D: no it's next- oh no it is on Saturday.

Erika turned around and walked away and Denis tried to follow her but he just stopped.

D: I fvcked up

Boys: mhm

D: is this where is leave?

A: sh•tty fathers do that sooo yeah this is where you leave.

Denis left and I got up and closed the door behind him but then I opened it again.

J: it's uh getting really late and I have to do a lot of stuff tomorrow so.

C: yeah we'll see you later.

J: bye

The guys left and I closed the door, locked it, then slid down it and put my head in my hands.

Then.....