Chapter 24

Erika's POV
He really wants to go on this date but I literally cannot I'm too scared for us and our relationship.

E: maybe next time.

J: *fake smiles* yeah okay, um I'm gonna go buy some breakfast for us.

Jake kissed my forehead and got out of bed.

Once he was done getting ready he came over and kissed me.

J: how about you call your dad and his girlfriend and when I get back I'll call everyone else.

As he was walking out I chased him.

E: Jake are you mad?

J: just a little upset but I'll be fine, just go call your dad.

E: be safe, I love you.

J: I love you too

I kissed him very passionately and he left.

I went into my room and got ready for the day in some simple clothes since we aren't doing much then called my dad.

Without the shoes

Without the shoes.

As I was saying I called my dad.

D: hey Mikey

E: I'm gonna FaceTime you

I clicked FaceTime and waited for him to answer.

D: so what's up?

E: I was wondering if you were coming for thanksgiving?

D: yeah of course

E: and I was wondering if you could bring your girlfriend.

D: you wanna meet her?

E: not really Jake's making me do this because I'm making him let his brother come.

D: well I'll be there tonight also go to the old house I still own it and it's bigger than the apartment.

E: okay thanks.

D: I have to go love you.

E: love you too.

I hung up the phone and watched some tv until Jake got home.

*30 minutes later*

I was starting to get worried so I called Jake but some girl answered.

?: hello is this Jake Pauls girlfriend?

E: yes this is her who are you?

?: I'm a nurse at St. Jude's hospital it seems that he has been in a car crash.

I just hung up the phone, put some shoes on, and ran out to my car.

*at hospital*

Nurse: hello ma'am how can I help you?

E: um a nurse called me and said my boyfriend had gotten into a car crash.

Nurse: oh that was me come right this way.

E: is he gonna be okay?

Nurse: yeah he has no broken bones just a cut on his head and he'll have to rest for the rest of the day so he can actually enjoy his thanksgiving.

E: okay thank you.

By the time we were done talking we were at his room.

Nurse: I'm gonna leave you two alone.

I walked into the room and Jake was asleep so I grabbed his hand and put my head in the side of his bed.

E: I love you, you love me, you're my boyfriend, I'm your girlfriend, you are my Jake, I am your Erika, you are mine, and I am yours, don't let go.

J: I won't let go.

I got up and hugged Jake and I was crying.

J: don't cry babe I'm fine.

E: I thought Tesla's were supposed to be safe.

J: *laughs* the roads were slippery because of the rain from yesterday.

I was still crying.

E: I don't want to lose you too Jake.

J: come here

Jake moves over and I got into the bed with him I laid on his chest and listened to his heartbeat like always.

E: I don't ever want this sound to stop.

J: I'll try my best.

Jake pulled the cover over me.

E: you do everything from protecting me from your best friend to making sure I'm not cold and I can't even go on a freaking date with you.

J: you are mine and if anyone puts their hands on you or you have the possibility of getting sick whether it's just a cold or something really bad I'm gonna do everything I can to make you feel better and if I have to lose a friend to do that then fvck it.

E: I love you Jake

J: I love you too

*back home*

We are currently in my room and Jake is asleep I didn't want him to sleep in his room because my bed is softer and I want him as comfortable as possible. He has his arms wrapped around me but I'm still awake on my phone.

*alarm*

I get up and get the kit the doctor gave me to switch out his gauze.

E: babe wake up

Jake groaned and sat up.

J: what

E: I gotta switch your gauze.

J: alright.

I sat in Jakes lap and slowly took off his bandage when I saw the cut I teared up. I switched it out and kissed Jake.

E: you can go back to sleep now.

J: wait what's wrong?

E: I just-....sh•t

I tried to prevent myself from crying but that obviously didn't work because I'm sitting here crying again.

E: we could've had breakfast here together like we always do but I knew you were upset with me and you needed to get away for a moment, but if just agreed to that date you would be fine and I wouldn't be here switching out your bloody gauze and-

Jake pulled me into a hug and I just cried on his shoulder.

E: I'm sorry this is all my fault.

J: no it's not Erika the roads were slippery you can't prevent that.

We laid down facing each other and Jake was holding me, it kinda looked like we were hugging. I leaned forward and kissed him.

I turned around and Jake wrapped his arms around me and pressed his chest against my back.

I slowly fell asleep happy knowing he was safe.