Chapter 12

Jakes POV
I put my head in my hands and then....

E: Jake?

I look up and see Erika with a concerned face.

J: yeah

E: what's wrong

J: I'm just stressed

Erika came down and sat next to me.

E: I can find a new cheer coach if that helps taking some weight off your shoulders.

J: no I'm fine

E: or I can cancel practice on Saturday and you can do boy stuff

J: I already canceled practice on Saturday.

E: why?

J: because it's your birthday.

E: I know that but I'm not doing anything for it so why not focus on something else that makes me happy.

J: well I was gonna surprise you but I had bought tickets for the amusement park.

Erika jerked her head towards mine and smiled.

E: are you serious

J: very serious, I knew you were planning to spend your birthday alone and no one should do that. Especially the biggest birthday of a life time. It's your transition into adulthood.

Erika put her head on my shoulder.

E: thank you Jake

J: no problem at all. But you should get some sleep we are all going to Chicago tomorrow but not til late so you can pack.

E: why the competition isn't until Friday.

J: then you'll have a little bit of Wednesday and Thursday to enjoy Chicago since you've never been.

E: you remembered.

J: yeah I have a pretty good memory plus I actually listen to when people are talking unlike some other guys who talk about themselves or girls who just gossip.

E: how do you know all of this stuff?

J: I was in high school once.

E: yeah can't forgot that Erika *giggles*

J: you have a cute laugh.

E: thanks

J: for what?

E: for saying I have a cute laugh

J: I said that out loud?

E: yeah

My cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

J: okay um I'm gonna go to bed now goodnight.

E: oh okay goodnight.

I left to my room and shut my door.

Jake why are thinking crap like that? I knew I liked her already but I just can't, I can't. NO JAKE SHE IS TOO YOUNG 7 YEARS TO BE EXACT!!! (I know it's 8 right now but remember she hasn't had her birthday)

J: I'm just gonna sleep this off and act like it never happened.

I don't even know why I'm making such a big deal about this, all I said is that she had a cute laugh. I mean I could say that to a friend, ugh no I couldn't.

I'm crushing on 17 year old.....

Erika's POV
I turn off my lights and get in my bed to sleep but I hear Kades voice again. I just squeezed my eyes closed terrified to turn around.

K: Erika I know you're awake.

E: please just leave me alone.

K: it's just me Kade

E: no you're not Kade leave me alone.

I felt a hand on me but I knew it wasn't Jake because Jakes hand are bigger and they are always warm.

I closed my eyes tighter and just imagined Jake because I always feel safe with him.

K: get Jake out of your mind Erika he will never like you back.

Well that didn't work. I grabbed my phone and turned on the flashlight then moved quickly to my light switch and turned it on.

I grabbed my blankets and a pillow and go out into the living room.

I get into my purse and grab my pepper spray and my bible. I know you can't pepper spray a ghost but you never actually know until you try it.

I lay down and fall asleep with my bible and pepper spray in my hand.

*morning*

Jakes POV
I wake up in the morning brush my teeth and put on a shirt then go to the living room and wait for Erika to wake up but she's in the living room sleeping.

She was holding pepper spray and a bible. I went over to her and slowly took the pepper spray from her and the Bible so she can't attack me with them when she wakes up.

I put my hand on her shoulder and she started freaking out until she put her hand on mine.

She kept her eyes closed.

E: is it Jake? Please tell me it's Jake.

J: yeah it's Jake.

Erika opened her eyes slowly and when she saw me she immediately hugged me.

J: Erik-

E: don't let go. Just don't let go.

J: okay I won't let go.

E: it came back, it knew my secrets, and it touched me.

J: Erika it's not real, it was only there because you thought about it.

Erika slowly let go and looked at me.

E: am I going crazy?

J: no you're not going crazy you're just having a rough time right now.

E: I'm a hot mess and I have to perform in two days.

J: and you'll do amazing. Think of Kade, the actual Kade, and think of him sitting backstage cheering you on.

E: thanks again for the millionth time.

Blah blah blah skip to the Airport because I am a what?.... you guys should know by now.

Erika's POV
I looked at our plane tickets and saw that the school got us first class tickets.

E: Jake are you seeing this?

J: what

E: these are first class tickets

J: yeah I know I bought them.

E: what?

J: I bought the tickets I don't like sitting in coach I get uncomfortable too easy.

E: Jake where are you getting all of this money? Because I know studying medicine does not pay enough for 13 first class tickets

J: I have some money saved up from my last job.

E: what was it?

J: nothing important, our plane is boarding let's go the girls are already on.

Jake was acting sketchy but I just shook it off.

...

We got on the plane and I of course got seated next to Jake, I mean I'm not complaining.

I got on my lap top and went on YouTube.

I searched scary pranks and the first video is saw was...