Chapter 3

Jakes POV
I answer the door and see Anthony, he just pushes past me so I close the door and look at him confused.

J: what's up

A: my cousins car was ruined today at school, and he happened to tell me that you got the person who ruined it out of there before anyone could catch them.

J: first of all he deserved it second of all I got her out of there because she was a mess and just found out that her boyfriend of 3 years was cheating on her half of the time.

A: she's paying for the damages

J: I bet you so much money she won't because your precious little cousin Noah doesn't want to be known as the player at that school so he wouldn't want to show why she did that to his car and why she has to pay for it. I know for sure she will expose all of his faults if he tries to make her pay.

A: ugh, you're right, and sorry for just attacking you like that

J: it's cool man you were just defending family I respect that.

A: cool so I told Chance to meet me here so we could all hang out like how the Ohio trio used to do.

J: alright then-

C: hey boys daddy's home.

We all laughed then sat in the living room and talked.

Erika's POV
I woke up in an unfamiliar place and I freaked out but didn't yell I don't know why I didn't yell though. I look around and I saw a note addressed to me on the table.

Erika,
There are clothes in the bathroom for you to change into, they might be a bit too big because they are mine but it gets chilly in my apartment sometimes. Also *explains dad situation*. When you are done getting ready, come into the living room and then we can talk.
~Jake

Okay well at least I know I wasn't kidnapped. Anyways, I get dressed and go into the living room and see Jake and two other boys.

E: uh Jake

C: hellllloooo

J: she's 17 Chance.

C: I know I was just saying hello.

A: is she the girl?

J: I don't think it's s good time to talk about that, Erika will you go back to my room and I'll be there soon.

E: okay.

I got back to Jakes room and like 2 minutes later he comes in. And we both sit on the bed.

J: so I see you got the letter.

E: yeah you should work on your handwriting.

J: okay I'll do that later *chuckles* but did you understand what's going on?

E: um yeah but when are we gonna go get my stuff?

J: you can wear those for the rest of he day and you'll skip school tomorrow since you had a bad day and we'll get your stuff then.

E: where am I gonna sleep.

J: you can uh sleep in here another and I'll pull out the other mattress from under he bed and take it to the guest room.

E: I know what I'm about to say is really childish and stuff but could you like sleep in here with me on your mattress n-not in the same bed. I just have problems sleeping alone when I'm really stressed because then I have nightmares.

J: yeah sure

E: thanks

J: no problem

It was awkward silence for awhile.