Chapter 4

Erika's POV
Jake just sat there and stared at me frozen.

E: Jake?

J: um I wouldn't know anymore than you do.

E: well do you know that I know the real reason my mom left?

J: yeah, what your dad told you is the complete truth.

E: cut the crap Jake, why can't someone be honest with me for once in my life. God d•mmit. I know she left because she didn't want me, I'm not stupid Jake I have overheard my dads conversations with you over the phone.

J: um I don't know what you're talking about

E: Jake please just be honest with me.

J: Erika I-

E: you know what Jake I really thought you were cool and I finally had an adult that isn't scared to be honest with me like my dad guess I was wrong.

I got up and walked away. Why can't anyone be truthful I'm not a sensitive person.

*4 hours later*
I was invited to a party and Kade is going to pick me up so I can go home shower and get dressed.

*knock knock*

I run out to the living room and then go and open the door before Jake could.

J: Erika what the hell are you doing?

I open the door and see Kade. As I'm about to leave Jake stops me.

J: where are you going?

E: to a party chill

J: why didn't you tell me then I'm supposed to know these thing ya know.

E: well Jake you should've been honest or else I wouldn't have turned out to be a b•tch. Plus you have your own friends to hand out with. The cousin of a wh•re and the child predator.

I slammed the door shut and we left.

Jakes POV
I turned around and Chance and Tony looked at me confused.

J: what?!

A: what are you guys in like a romantic relationship or something?

J: no this is just a private problem and she's mad at me because I won't tell her something. That's all

C: your life is gonna suck for the next 2 weeks.

A: yeah

J: at least I didn't hit on a teenager. Ending up getting the nickname "child predator" or "cousin of a wh•re".

Erika's POV
We made it to my house and I hurried and took a shower then got dressed.

Jake is going to freak if he knew I was wearing this

Jake is going to freak if he knew I was wearing this. But my dad said I can wear what I want as long as I don't do anything stupid.

K: you ready?

E: oh yes let's party

Went got into the car and drove to the party. It was at my old friends ex-boyfriend Hayden's house.

Ha: hey guys so glad you could make it.

E: Noah's not here right.

Ha: no he couldn't make it why?

E: no reason.

Ha: well let's party

Hayden walked away and I grabbed Kades hand and walked over to the drink table.

K: I thought you didn't drink

E: well today I might need too

K: how about no and we just go out to eat at Bistro 105 my treat.

E: fine but I'm staying at your place tonight.

K: deal now let's go

Skip to morning because I say this all the time and I'll say it again I'm a lazy potato 🥔.

Erika's POV still
I get dressed back into my clothes from last night—because I slept in some of Kades— and left the house after sliding a note under Kades door.

*at Jakes*

I sneak into the apartment as quietly as possible.

J: where the hell were you?

I turned around to see Jake and the other guys.

E: I was out duh.

I walked past Jake and went to go change into some clothes (btw they already went to get her clothes for the next couple of weeks) but after I got dressed I opened the door because I knew Jake would be waiting.

J: why are you being like this?

E: because you won't be honest with me Jake!

J: it's not my place for me to have his conversation with you Erika!

E: then who am I supposed to ask huh? Not my dad because for the last 10 years he has told me the same fvcking story which I know is not true!

J: if you know it's true then why are you bothering me about it?!

E: I want someone to admit it to me I just want one person to stop lying to me!

J: fine! It's not that she didn't want you it's that she wasn't ready for you!

E: and you think my dad was?! He had to raise a girl by himself for 17 years barely knowing how a female body works. You don't just leave because you weren't ready! It's not fair that all the other girls get to have a mother daughter day or a mom that helps you when you get your heartbroken, you saw how my dad reacted with Noah! He wanted to keep it a secret from me! I-it's *voice cracks* n-not fair!

I broke down in tears and Jake just hugged me I've held that in since I was 7 years old.

E: she left me Jake....

J: I know and I'm so so sorry.