Chapter 7

Jakes POV
I was gonna walk away but Erika stopped me.

E: sleep in the bed with me, that mattress can't be comfortable

J: you're my friends daughter I don't think that's the best idea.

E: then I'll sleep on the other mattress for a couple of nights while you sleep in your bed.

J: no Erika I'm fine.

E: Jake you let me move in with you so please pick one.

J: um okay, we'll both sleep in the bed but keep our distance.

E: deal

I got into the bed with my own blanket and we both fell asleep.

*morning*
I wake up and look around trying to find Erika when I see her on the floor mattress.

I get up out of the bed, pick her up, and put her in the bed.

I took a quick shower and left getting food on my way to work.

Erika's POV
I woke up in the middle of the night and I notice how uncomfortable Jake looks, so I go and lay on the other mattress and fall asleep, but that was last night.

I wake up back in the bed and no Jake.

E: Jake?

I look at the door and there is a note taped to it.

Erika,
I left for work and yes I was the one to put you back in the bed. I'll be back around 7pm tonight.

~Jake

That's weird he never leaves notes when he leaves for work.

Anyways I get up out of the bed, take a quick shower, brush my teeth, get ready, and grab and apple on my way out the door.

Yes I had to wear my cheer uniform again, but only because I found out it wasn't just spirit day it's spirit week.

*school*

The principal called me into his office.

Pr: Ms. Costell take a seat.

I sat down feeling weird I've never been called down to the office before.

Pr: Erika we seem to have a problem-

E: oh my god am I in trouble? I've never been in trouble before. What did I do? I'm so sorry.

Pr: you're not in trouble, but your team is.

E: you mean my Cherries?

Pr: your coach quit and if you can't find a chaperone for your cheer competition the Cherries will be cut from the school funding program.

E: we've never lost a competition, and if we lose one we're cut?

Pr: that's how this school works. We need champions so those champions can get college scholarships. Losers don't get scholarships.

E: I'll find one I promise bye the end of this week.

Pr: he or she hopefully will have to be a cheer coach and a good one if you don't want your team cut.

Oh god.

I smiled at the Principal and left to class.

K: what took you so long?

E: if I don't find a new cheer coach the Cherries are cut.

K: who will cheer for us then?

E: I don't know our principal is an idiot he didn't think about that obviously, but I'm gonna do whatever I can to find a new coach by the end of the week.