31

Gauri drove her car in the most perilous way. Her mind was ringing with the words of her husband. She remembered how every time they made love, she would hope to have a baby of his but all those were just day-dreams.

She didn’t even wipe away the tears that were continuously flowing from her eyes and making a mess of her face. She felt disgusted with herself thinking how she thought of the love making but for him, it was just pleasure.

Her drive didn’t had any destination. She was trying to vent out her anger by driving but unknown to her destinations was something going to change her life along with Omkara’s.

Her eyes blinked when a bright light came across her face as she screamed on the top of her voice as a truck collide with her car making it fall from top of the cliff.

Sunny came out of the driving seat and looked the car falling. ‘I am sorry, Ri, my sister’ he whispers looking at the falling car as tears ran down his cheeks.

‘Mr.Oberoi, your wife met with an accident and we request you to come to the cliff’ the cop said and Om felt all hell break loose. ‘What happened,Om?’ Anika asked seeing Om’s expression. ‘Gauri…car..r..acc.ccident’ he stammered trying to regain the information he had got. ‘What?!’  Shivaay asked trying to calm his brother. ‘I need to go!’ he told and ran from there in spite of each of his family members calling out for him.

When he reached near the cliff, the whole place was surrounded with media and police. He stood there still not knowing what to do. ‘Excuse me? We have got a call from here’ it was Shivaay who had enquired about the call to the police. The whole family had followed Omkara.

‘Yes, there was an accident and from the CCTV footage, we came to know that it was of Mrs.Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi!’ the inspector said and the whole Oberoi family gets shocked. They didn’t want to believe it, until the office bought them the footage.
Omkara’s eyes followed how the truck had collide with Gauri’s as it fall down from the cliff. ‘No!’ he screamed as soon as the video ended. ‘It should be fake. Tell them to bring Gauri to me!’ Omkara cried and the whole family joined even the Great SSO couldn’t come with the fact that his little sister is no more.

It took each of their strength for Rudr and Shivaay to take Omkara back to the house. They couldn’t break down in front of Omkara, he needed them the most right now!

Whereas Omkara was in a world of his own, it was not another world but a HELL! He wanted to start a new begging, a family with Gauri but fate played its card taking away her from him. He felt like she was playing a hide and seek and would come back to him soon but his mind know that it was just his imagination, she had left him. ‘She left me!’ he started murmuring again. Rudr and Shivaay felt more broken seeing Omkara like that. He didn’t look less than a complete broken person, not even in their entire life they have seen Omkara in such a situation. Even during every hurdle of his life, Omkara had faced it but right now he didn’t lose anything, he lose himself, his life, his soul, his Gauri.

‘O, say something!’ it had been a day and Omkara didn’t even say a word and it killed Rudr and everyone to see him like that. Police had informed that since the car had fallen from great height, it was hard to find the cadaver making the Oberoi’s as well as Singhania’a mourn more.

But it was harder for them to see how Omkara was. He had bags under his eyes and had barely opened his mouth. He curled up inside the room in a corner on the floor. When a shocked Rudr and Shivaay tried to bring him to the bed, Omkara had made them go away by screaming.

As he laid down on the cold floor, Omkara remembered the time he had once kissed Gauri against the same corner making her red. The room filled with her memories, he even felt that the air inside the room was talking like her. He felt like his head would explode in a moment.

Then only he saw his old companion lying down under the cupboard and he didn’t think twice before taking them in his hands and getting ready to inject them to erase all those memories for a moment.

He was going to inject those when he felt a hand above his. He was not shocked but amused to see Gauri, her eyes shone in pain. He engulfed in a hug and cried. ‘Why did you go? All tell me that you died but I didn’t believe them because I know that you will come back to me’ he cried in her shoulder. ‘No Omkara! I need to go back’ she said and he tighten the hold around her. ‘No, you are not going anywhere’ he shouted at her in anger. Then only he noticed how she looked. Her milky white skin was whiter and by the white saree, she is wearing she looked like an angel descended from the heaven.

‘Gauri…’ he whispered to her in a painful voice. Gauri smiled and wiped away his tears. ‘Om, you have to accept our fate. Maybe we are destined not to be forever’ she told him in a gentle voice. ‘Hell with those destiny, fate and all! You are mine and nothing can separate us’ he said to her quickly. ‘Only my body is gone but my soul is always with you’ she said pecking on his forehead. ‘And Ek jhaap mein Satyai jaaibe dewar pe..!’ her voice suddenly becoming angry. ‘What is this?’ she pointed at the needle.  ‘How am I supposed to bear all the pain? Please take me also with you’ he hugged her and she caressed his hair. ‘Om, sometimes we won’t be able to be with someone forever. But you shouldn’t forget all those who are for you. Maaji won’t survive without her son. Also how can you forget ‘There is no ShivOmRu without Om’’ she told him. ‘But I won’t be there without you’ he cried more. ‘Shh! First of all stop crying’ she chided him. ‘I won’t be able to take me with you but I always promise to be there’ she said pointing at his heart. ‘Promise me that you will be always happy for me!’ she looked at those dark eyes. ‘Can I lay down in your lap for some time?’ he asked her after a few minutes silence and she nodded at him. She ran her fingers through his tresses and she went in a subterranean and peaceful slumber.

When he opened his eyes what he saw was empty. A lone tear escaped from his eyes. Getting himself a shower, Om got ready for a new beginning. ‘I love you!’ he caressed the picture of Gauri and smiled.

All his family members looked at him surprised after seeing him in the dining table after a week. They all remain their composure and continued their daily activity and Om sometimes joined them with the smile and nods. ‘See you guys!’ he said as he stood up to go. All returned back the smile, his smile didn’t even reached his eyes. Even it was hard for the Oberoi’s to come in terms with the death of their beloved.

Everyone got themselves ready for their lives without Gauri, but for Gauri.

Target:- 30 votes 🙈