22

'The marriage can't happen for the next two years' she said in a sad tone and I got shocked. 'What? But why?' I asked her. 'There is a problem in both Om and Rudr's kundali. They both can't get married for the next two years. When you six were not here, I and Yamini had discussed about Rudr and Bhavya's marriage and we both wanted you and Om to remarry so we could be a part of it and the time Shivaay called me to say about Om's decision. We both checked the kundali's and there had some problems. I know that this is a bit clingy but I am a mother and how can I leave a small problem like this. When Om and Rudr needed me, I was not there but...' she was on the verge of crying. 'No...it's not a problem' I told her and she looked at me in shock.

'But Gauri...' she was going to say something but I stopped her. 'Maa ji, I always wanted a person who loves me altruistically and respect me. And with my shanker ji's blessing I got Om. Our beginning was not good but we both learnt to live with each other. Now he had asked my hand in marriage and I am willing to wait not for two years but for a life time to be his. Whatever happens I just can't lose a person like Om and a family who treats me as their own daughter' I said and she kissed my forehead lovingly. 'I knew that you could understand me.' She told me and I smiled.

I called Bhavya and told her the entire thing and asked her to meet us right now.

'Ri told me everything. I have no problem with it. In these two years we both can settle in life and also know each other very well' she told us. I felt that she is more mature than me for a second but it soon changes when I saw her pouting at me not able to be with Rudy bhaiyya soon without Maa ji's gaze.

'I know that my both daughters will understand but what I am scared is of Om and Rudr. Both are dying to get married to both of you' she said and we both couldn't help but blush.

I make bubbles on the chocolate smoothie that I was drinking in tension. Even during my final exams I was not this much nervous. 'Hi Ri!' Bhavya entered all smiling. 'But she had gone to talk with Rudy bhaiyya about what Jhanvi aunty said?' I thought to myself.

'Rudr agreed and he also said that two years is perfect for both of us to get settled!' she said and my mouth went wide open. Did she really meet Rudy bhaiyya or his imposter? Or he grew up in a day?

'What did you say to make him agree?' I asked and she blushed. 'But why is she blushing?' I thought to myself. 'It's just...' she was blushing more. 'Anyway, Commissioner called so I need to report to him also Om bhaiyya will be here in any moment. Best of luck!' she said and quickly went away without noticing my din.

'Hey!' a deep voice fanned my exposed shoulder sending shivers down my spine. 'Hi!' I replied and he smirked at my flushed face.

'Heard that you and Mom had a conversation!' he said when I was going to say the same. 'Also you both discussed something along with Bhavya!' Alas! He was saying everything I was going to say. 'If you let me say or will continue with your predictions?' I asked fed up and he looks at me surprised for a second before signing me to say. I took a deep breathe said everything to him.

'What the hell?! Two years! And you agreed?' he shouted. 'Does this man really remember that we are in public?' I thought to myself. 'What do you mean by I agree?' I asked him back. 'How can you stay away from for two years?' he asked like a boy who is going to school for the first time. 'Om, it's just two years!' I tried to pacify him. But the truth is that I can't wait for two years!

'No, I am going to call mom and tell her that these all was not going to happen!' he declared and took his phone. 'No Maa ji will feel bad' I thought. Now it's time to play my trump card.

I made my face fall and I am sure that Om had become soften because he had put the phone back in table. 'Om, it's just two years. Not only we but Bhavya and Rudy bhaiyya are also waiting. Maa ji told me something for the first time and I couldn't deny. She was worried for her sons.' I told him with fake disappointment as well as sadness and went away from there.

I glanced at the lift and ran towards the parking lot when I saw Om coming out of the lift. I was going to enter my car when I felt a tug at my wrist and I was pulled towards Om. I never expected this way!

'If you are to be mine. Not only for two years but for a whole life time, I am ready to wait for you' he said and I look up into his eyes. He was scared. I caressed him face. 'Do you think that I will get away from you in these two years?' I asked and he nodded. 'I am scared of losing you again!' he said.

I don't when or how it happened but I was on the back seat of my car with Om hovering above me. 'Om...' I called him and he stopped for a moment. I quickly straddled on his lap.

'How about we be celibate till marriage?' I asked and his eyes really go wide. 'You mean for two years?' he asked me shocked. Of course! I want to feel all the new found emotions a new bride could get. Well Om had to accept my decision seeing my determined look. 'But we could kiss, right?' he asked me and before I could reply, 'Silence is the best answer rather than saying yes!' he told me smirking and before I could say something he had silenced me with his lips.

This is not the way I wanted to see my family. We were in Oberoi Mansion parking lot and I was busy wiping the lip stick that was spread from my lips. 'No!' I pushed Om away when he again leans to kiss me. I dragged a pouting Om because he couldn't kiss me again.

I greeted my family and took the place between mumma and Bhavya. 'It's quite amazing that OmRu agreed to postpone marriage' Jhanvi aunty said and I look at Om and Rudy bhaiyya who were trying really hard to hide their displeasure.

'It's the first time you are asking something from us, so how can we deny, Mom?' Om asked trying the best to smile. 'Yea!' Rudy bhaiyya also agreed with the same expression as Om. Me and Bhavya had a tough time avoiding the smirking looks of my family.

'I am so proud that my grandsons are ready to give a proper wedding to the women they love' Daadi said.

'When are you both packing bags?' Dad asked to both me and Bhavya.

We both looked at each other. Bhavya and I had expected this and also we were mentally ready to go. We took a long sigh...

'WHAT?!' a big scream echoed the whole mansion making all of us deaf. We all covered our ears...

************************************
A glimpse of my IG post

A new FS few shots of Rikara is in my "RiKara shots". Do check it out and it's something new.