30

Everything happens for a reason

***********************************

‘What is there to talk?’ Om asked lowering his gaze. She frowns hearing. ‘Is there nothing to talk?’ her voice getting irater every moment.

Om took a deep lament and thought about the current problem.BABY! Gauri wanted a baby whereas Omkara didn’t want one right now! It’s true that they are married for two years now but even if it takes decades he can’t have the courage to have a baby.

He is insecure whether he will be another Tej Singh Oberoi. He didn’t want that to happen, even if for a moment his child think of him like that he couldn’t bear it.

He had been same like his father to Gauri when he thought of many bad things with Kaali Thakur and even if he think of all that now he couldn’t stop but feel guilty.

‘Om..’ his thoughts were broken when she cupped his face with her little palms. ‘I am not asking for anything more…it’s just…’ her words died when he sealed her lips with his. If she endure to talk then he would pour out his heart at her and that would only destitute her heart.

Few days went on like that he thanked the rapture for making his wife forget about all the goings-on.
The continuous ringing of the phone broke Gauri out of her illusion. She had stop pestering Om for a baby only because it had only reach to fight.

‘Hello?’ Gauri pick up the call. ‘Hello? Who is it?’ she asked once again due to the caller being unresponsive. For a few moments it was silent until she heard a deep lament from the contrary side making her shiver in fear. The same sigh she was scared of. 'DAKSH KAPOOR!' She whispered, her voice filled with pure fear. She cut the call and took water from the table of her office table and drank it in a go!
Memories drown her mind and she felt a deep pit on her heart. For a moment, she felt she was dying in fear. The caller called again and she took it with shivering hands. ‘Hello is this priya’s number?’ an unknown voice asked her. ‘No, wrong number!’ Gauri replied and ended the call as she took a sigh of relief.

‘Ri?’ a knock on the door made her realise the time and it was time for her to go to Oberoi Mansion. ‘Coming!’ she replied and proceed to take her bag and accessories. ‘What happened?’ Rudr asked seeing his best friend a little dull. ‘Nothing’ she quickly covered up with a smile. Rudr smiled back. He badly wanted to talk to his O. He knew that there was problem in between his Chulbhul bhabhi and O, and he didn’t want to see her in more pain.

The three brother’s sat near the pool with their legs dipped in the water. ‘So how is life going?’ Shivaay asked as Om took a sip from his coffee cup.
‘O, do you need to tell something?’ Rudr asked with seriousness in his voice. Om was going to shrug it with a fake chuckle but stopped seeing the serious expression of both his brothers. ‘It’s about me and Gauri’ Om finally confessed. ‘I am also seeing it, Gauri is getting blank while talking. What happened to her?’ Shivaay asked and Om felt guilt-ridden as he was the reason for her state.

‘There is nothing..’ he said again but stopped seeing the serious countenance of his brothers. ‘Gauri wants a baby!’ he finally admitted to them and a confused expression flashed in their face. ‘And?...’ Rudr asked. ‘You don’t want now?’ Shivaay asked after Rudr. ‘I don’t want now or ever…’ his voice was low as he saw tremor in his brothers face. ‘What do you mean by you never want a baby?’ Rudr voice was dangerously as loud as scream. ‘What if I end up being like Mr.Oberoi?’ he was not saying it to them, he was rather saying it to himself. ‘O..’ their voice soften hearing him.

‘Don’t be such a jester, can’t you see that even Ruvya and Shivika loves you more than us’ Rudr said and Shivaay nodded agreeing with him. Even if Ruvya cries at mid-night or Shivika becomes cranky at night only Om was able to lull them to sleep. ‘But…’Om wanted to argue again but was stopped by Shivaay. ‘Have you ever thought about Gauri?’ Shivaay asked. ‘You are becoming selfish by taking away the dreams of Gauri. I have seen her eyes twinkling every time anyone of us tease about Little Gauri or Little O running here’ Rudr said and Om fight away his tears. Unknown to the three pair of eyes another teary eyed person was hearing all of these. Gauri cupped her mouth so that the three brothers doesn’t hear her sobs.

It was true that not having a baby was taking a clang on her. But she can’t shout to him that just like he being insecure, she was also apprehensive. Even though she have everyone, she wanted someone to call her as her own. He had once broke her by calling her names but she had forgiven him and made herself forget all those memories but right now he had took a right she had always yearn for. She walk away from there being completely drained out.

‘Wasn’t I enough being like Mr.Oberoi once?’ Om asked. ‘Can you bear if Gauri cry?’ Shivaay asked. ‘No!’ he said, he would die if he see her cry. ‘Are you hurting her?’ Rudr asked. ‘No, I have hurt her but I regret it’ he said immediately. ‘What will you feel if you will have a baby?’ Shivaay asked out of blue. ‘I don’t know but even though I am scared of it happening I want a girl just like Gauri. A princess…my princess, I would give her everything that I and Rudr was deprived of and make sure that she would be the happiest child in the world’ Om said and he forgot the fact that he was talking to his inner soul and when he saw his brothers grinning ear to ear, he knew that he had got the answer to his questions.

Placing his coffee cup, he stood up to rush to his wife. ‘So we can expect a Small Gauri soon!’ Rudr teased and instead of saying ‘Shut up’ Om smiled.

‘Gauri…Gauri’ Om entered the room in search of his wife only to see the cold space of the room.

‘What happened, O?’ Rudr asked seeing his brother worried who went away from them happily. ‘Gauri is not here and I search the whole mansion!’ Om said worriedly. ‘How is that possible? I saw Gauri a few minutes ago only.’ Jhanvi replied.

Om was in a fix. He was frightened and he didn’t want to admit that he is feeling a deep fear which he can’t express when thinking about his wife. Everyone’s thoughts ended when Om’s phone ringed.
‘Hello?’ he took the call as he felt his enter body swept away hearing the news.

Target:- 30 votes 🙈
                10 comments