Epilogue

“If I don’t get her then no one will get her” she took a deep breath as her head pained. The vision before her was blurry but it was not due to her health condition but her tears. “O..m..Om…” the nurse halted when she heard the patient’s feeble voice. “Doctor!” she screamed before venting out of the room. Gauri tried to move her hands but it was so painful for her. Her head was paining like anything, she was having a foreign feeling of many things half of which she couldn’t find herself. All she wanted was to see Omkara’s face. She was scared of losing him. His blood filled face haunts her in her memory. “Mrs.Oberoi! Don’t try to move” she heard a voice. “I need Om…” Gauri said as she felt that her throat was dry. The woman in front of her gave her a fond smile before nodding. “We will soon shift you to Mr.Oberoi’s room” that was the last thing Gauri heard before she was again subjected to exhaustion and a deep slumber.

“Gauri…” Omkara slowly opened his eyes. Everything felt like a dream for him. The way they both had fought Daksh and how his Dabangg Chirayya spitted fire towards Daksh was giving him a small smile. Omkara tilted his head towards the side to see his Chirayya sleeping with an oxygen mask. He tried to move towards her but he felt like his body was freeze. With utmost difficulty he moved his hand towards her. Her soft and fragile hand felt good against his hard one.

“Om…” she looked at him with tears in her eyes. “Sleep love!” he whispered to her. “Our Riya…” she again said clasping his hands. “We will be with her soon!” Om said as he closed his eyes for a sleep seeing her sleeping.

************************************

“Om, what are you doing?” Gauri asked giggling trying to take her husband’s arms from her waist. Life was good after they both was discharged from hospital and like a cherry on the top they came to know that Daksh’s chapter was forever closed and they both went to Sunny to thank him. “I couldn’t save myself in many situations but I will surely save my sister” that’s what he had said.

They both enrolled Riya in the same school as of her sister’s. The OBahus found a great partner in Zoya and Noor and even Aditya Hooda and Arjun Hooda are doing a business deal together with Oberois. She now had two brothers also. Her Adi bhaiyya and Rudy bhaiyya get along so well cause of their childish behavior and craze in video games. Her Omkara ji and Bade Bhaiyya found a great relief in Arjun because Arjun can tolerate the boring talk of both of them which even she and her Ani Di couldn’t do.

Merely the odd thing in her family happens only when the Junior Hoodas come to Oberoi Mansion. Her Bade bhaiyya, Omkara ji and Rudy bhaiyya would have a scowl on their face. “Gauri, why don’t you keep our daughters away from those boys?” her Omkara ji would ask at night after the Hoodas return to their house. She would roll her eyes and admonish her husband’s childish behavior. The things went out of her hands when the little boy Yash placed a kiss on Riya’s cheeks when she had won prize in painting. She saw smoke coming out of her husband’s ears and his two horns coming out fancying the “Nandi Bull”.  He was too much to handle that she had herself become angry on him. “Sorry!” he had said at night while his hands worked on the buttons of her night suit. “Don’t you dare!” she slapped on his hands making him pout. “That pout of yours is not going to work on me this time” she said as finality and turned to sleep. But her sanity was lost when his body pressed against her. His desire made her stir and her toes curled up. She turned her head to see her husband smirking at her.

It was one of the weekend when the whole family had come to Disney Land for vacation. Omkara and Riya had gone to buy sweet candy but when he got a call he moved towards the side and when he came back he saw that Riya was missing. He was only a little calm when he saw his little angel with Shivika. He had carried her and peppered a lot of kisses on her face. “Will I be a good father, Gauri?” he had asked her once they were settled in the hotel room. “What do you ask so?” she asked him back. “Today I lost her in the crowds. I was so careless about her” Om said and Gauri quickly caressed his cheeks seeing his eyes blurry. “Om, you were never careless. It’s just that none of the parents in the world is perfect. Every human makes mistakes. We got our Riya back and we are a happy family after a lot of hardships” Gauri tried to pacify Om’s inner turmoil. They both heard a knock on the door and Gauri opened the door to see her angel with her favorite pink comforter. “Can I sleep with papa today?” Riya asked cutely and Gauri nodded with a smile. Riya took no time in jumping to her father’s embrace. “My baby wants to sleep with papa today?” Om asked in a baby-ish voice and both Riya and Gauri chuckled hearing it. “Baby, whom do you love the most in the world? Papa or Mumma?” Gauri asked as she laid down with her husband and daughter who was sitting on her father’s stomach. “I love papa the most!” Om looked at his daughter in surprise for a moment before kissing her daughter’s cheek. “So you don’t love Mumma the most?” Gauri asked jokingly but the jealousy was clearly visible in her tone. “Papa love mumma the most and mumma love me so I love papa the most” Riya reasoned her answer. “Oh My Baby!” Gauri gave a sound kiss to her daughter. “I also like Yash!” Riya said and Gauri prayed to her Shanker ji that her husband didn’t notice the pink tint in her daughter’s cheek. “Gauri, I had warned you that boy…” Gauri didn’t let him complete as she throw the comforter on three of them and switched off the light.