As Above, So Below // Part One

The silence of my hospital room seemed suffocating at some moments, as if it were trying to crush me in my spot

The silence of my hospital room seemed suffocating at some moments, as if it were trying to crush me in my spot. Almost four weeks since my escape of the Sisters of Quiet Mercy and I was more than ready to leave.

The horrific events with Ben had sent me back a few steps to my dismay. I had been meeting with the hospital's psychiatrist since then to start getting back on track with eating and get rid of the nightmares. My first few visits were shaky and ended up being cut short but I had slowly opened up and everything was piecing itself back together.

My sister had been doing her best to keep me updated on the conditions of everything outside, including her progress with the Innocence Project and Archie. I wanted nothing more than to be out there helping her get him back but I knew I couldn't help either of us until I was better.

"Why so quiet?" I hummed as I ran my fingers down Jughead's arm. His chest moved slowly beneath me as his fingers worked through my hair.

His movements paused for a moment before continuing. "Thinking."

"About?"

He took a deep breath, making me shift my position to sit up next to him. This whole thing with Gryphons and Gargoyles was stressing him out, I could tell. As much as I wanted him to just let the whole thing rest and just be here with me, I knew I couldn't ask him for that.

"You." He twisted on the bed so I could lay back into the pillows and still look at him. "I'm worried about you."

"Why?" I asked, "Riele's been giving full reports, no lying or hiding anything from you and Ronnie. You know exactly what's happening and-"

He shook his head. "I'm not talking about that. I know you've got that handled, you would tell me if not. I'm worried about where you go from here. You're not going back to the Pembrooke. Alice can't keep a secret like this, especially with the Farm breathing down her throat. I can talk to Dad and see-"

"Jug," I interrupted as I set a hand on his arm. "Please don't worry about it. I'll figure it out. I'm not putting you and your dad in a situation like that. Just, let me think about it. I'm sure Felicity has extra space in New York, if it comes to it."

Jughead's gaze snapped down to me instantly. "New York?"

I shrugged. "It's a busy city. I know it just like the back of my hand from us being there for so long before we moved here. Plus, it would be a good hiding spot from Hiram."

"You've seriously thought about this?" Anger was taking over his tone quickly as I tried to explain myself.

I sighed and faced the ceiling as I tried to figure out my words. "Jughead, I can't compromise everyone just to stay here. I can't forgive myself for something like that." He looked away from me, sending the room back into dreaded silence.

It wasn't that I wanted to leave Riverdale. I had found a place to belong with my friends and sister. I didn't want to give that up. I hated the idea of leaving everyone behind, but if it would be safer for everyone, I had no choice.