14

"Said you have to dip the dagger in the remains of an old white ash tree that dates back to the Originals, if there's any truth in that

"Said you have to dip the dagger in the remains of an old white ash tree that dates back to the Originals, if there's any truth in that."
Roman's eyes widened at the sound of Damon's voice.
How the hell did he get a dagger, as far as Roman knew Klaus was the only one who had them.
"It's not true."
Roman lied through his teeth making himself known.
"You sure baby brother?"
Damon smirked twirling the metal in his hands.
"Of course I am."
Roman swallowed hard as Damon looked him in the eyes, seeing past his facade.
"Well I just know you're pretty close with the Originals apparently."
"What does that have to do with anything?"
Roman bit his lip glancing to Alaric who was watching the interaction intently.
"I don't know Ro, maybe you're trying to protect him."
"Believe what you want."
Roman glared brushing by his brother,
Damon walking out of the house casually soon after.
"What are you doing today?"
Alaric smiled at Roman who sighed with a grin.
"Nothing really, but I was thinking I could hang out with this one loser I know."
Alaric chuckled as Roman smiled at him.
"If that's your way of asking me to hang out with you, you're lucky I like you."
Roman laughed grabbing Alaric's hand and dragging him out of the house.

"Okay, okay I have a good one."
Alaric chuckled as Roman's loud laugh came to a pause.
"What was your favorite decade?"
Ric asked as Roman bit his cheek.
"There's been so many. I'd have to say when I was a human. Before I was bound for eternity."
Roman frowned realizing how he had made the mood change.
"Do you regret turning?"
Ric asked softly grabbing Roman's hand.
"No I don't. No matter how cliche it sounds, if I wouldn't have turn I would've never met you."
Roman smiled softly at Alaric squeezing his hand.
"That seems unbearable."
Alaric smiled shaking his head softly as he stared at Roman.
"I love you."
Roman chuckled his smile widening.
"I love you too."
The vampire smiled squeezing the teacher's hand.

Roman and Alaric had gone back to the boarding house with Damon, the younger Salvatore falling asleep.
However Roman woke up chained to a chair with something around his neck.
"What the hell..."
Roman mumbled out, glancing to see Damon in the same position as him.
"Morning, sunshine."
A werewolf Roman had never seen before walked in front of him and Damon with a smirk.
"I saw this movie once, some torture porn flick. Anyway, they had this collar device that was really cool, so I just modified it some with some wooden nails, and when I pull-"
Roman gasped for breath feeling pieces of wood stab in to his neck.
"I hear you have the moonstone."
Jules smirked at Roman who growled loudly catching sight of Alaric's dead body on the ground.
"Oh, if you only knew the irony of this moment right now. Let me tell you how this is gonna go. You're gonna torture me, I don't talk, someone loses a heart. Last time, it was your boy Mason."
Damon smirked at the wolf, the girl glaring.
"This time it will be your brother."
Roman's body jerked as the stakes once again stabbed through his skin.

"Where's the moonstone?"
Jules asked the brothers again.
"Get over it mutt, it's not yours."
Roman hissed through his teeth.
"You're looking for this?"
Roman sighed in relief seeing Elijah with the moonstone in his hand.
"Go ahead take it."
Elijah smirked setting it down as he taunted the wolves.
One ran towards him and Elijah tore his heart out with ease, doing the same when two others ran at him.
Jules ran out of the house quickly no one making a move to go after her.
Elijah walked over to Roman helping him out of the chains quickly.
"You do realize this is the third time I've saved your life now?"
Elijah directed at Damon as he turned on his heal.
Elijah grabbed the moonstone off the table throwing a smirk back to Roman.
"I'll keep a hand on this for you love, you wouldn't mind telling him it's whereabouts."
Roman huffed through his nose gritting his teeth together as he watched the original leave the house with his stone.

"Are you feeling alright?"
Roman asked handing Ric a glass of bourbon.
"Better then dead."
Ric sighed as Roman took a seat beside him on the couch.
Roman grabbed his hand kissing the back of it as he smiled at the man.
"I'll never not be thankful for that ring on your hand."
Roman grinned kissing Alaric shortly.
"You and me both."
Ric chuckled.
"I love you Ric."
Roman smiled squeezing his hand.
"I love you too Ro."