18

"Somno Ritum Per Dax Ritum, Somno Ritum Per Dax Ritum,Somno Ritum Per Dax Ritum

"Somno Ritum Per Dax Ritum, Somno Ritum Per Dax Ritum,Somno Ritum Per Dax Ritum."
Roman sat on Alaric's couch with tears in his eyes as he watched the spell being casted.
Katherine was in the corner of the room eyeing Roman for an answer she'd never get.
Suddenly Alaric's body moved and the warlock untied him.
"Alaric?"
Katherine asked shooting a look to Roman who wiped away a stray tear.
"Zdravei, Katerina."
Klaus smirked in Alaric's body, taking Katherine's face in his hands. 
"I have missed you."
Katherine's eyes filed with terror as she looked to Roman.
"Klaus!"
She exclaimed breathlessly.
Drawing a smile from the hybrid.

"Oh! Who is this guy, Safari Sam?"
Klaus groaned holding up two of Alaric's shirts.
"Can you seriously not please?"
Roman sighed quietly taking the shirts out of Klaus's hands and shoving them in the closet, handing Klaus a shirt Ric never wore.
"Okay, pop quiz. The dagger and white ash are in the Salvatores' possession, correct?"
Klaus asked Roman and Katherine. 
"The dagger was used to kill Elijah. You'll find him in the basement of the Salvatore house."
Katherine told Klaus to which Roman nodded when the body snatcher looked to him.
"Okay, that dagger needs to stay exactly where it is. The last thing I need to do is resurrect Elijah. Oh, that guy is a buzzkill."
"Tell me about it."
Roman sighed knowing Elijah was the reason all this mess was happening.
"What's your damage?"
Klaus asked, however his voice sounded too much like Alaric's making a pain reel through Roman's heart.
"Nothing! N-Nothing. I just don't see why you couldn't have used somebody else."
Roman whispered.
Klaus stormed over to the boy taking his jaw roughly in his hand.
"What is your problem mate?"
Klaus growled out, however all Roman could see was Alaric.
Roman kept quiet more tears springing in his bloodshot eyes.
"You've got to be kidding me!"
Klaus growled.
"I don't want him to get hurt."
"When did you get so weak?"
Klaus growled knocking over a lamp shattering it.
"H-He doesn't deserve this."
Roman mumbled out as Katherine watched the scene with wide eyes.
"He thinks you're pathetic as well!"
Klaus shouted as Roman flinched back at his tone.
"I can't afford your feelings."
Klaus hissed as Roman wiped his tears away placing a hand on Klaus's chest.
"I'm sorry, I'm okay I promise."
The scowl faded from Klaus's face almost instantly.
"Good lets go."
Roman left the apartment not looking back to see Katherine's bewildered look.

"Sorry I'm late."
Klaus walked into the boarding house hand in hand with Roman.
"Ro you're back."
Stefan rose an eyebrow at his twin.
"Yeah Klaus was a psychopath, completely lashed out when I said I didn't want to help him anymore. I'm glad I came to my senses."
Roman gave a forced grin to his brothers. 
"Good for you Ro. Hey, I need you to put me down as a chaperone at the dance tonight. Klaus made his first move."
Damon pointed at 'Ric' who nodded.
"Okay, so we find him and then what, hmm? What's our plan of attack?"
Elena rose an eyebrow giving a glance to Roman as if she wanted to ask how he was.
"Me. I'm the plan. He has no idea how much power I can channel. If you can find him, I can kill him."
Bonnie said arrogantly.
"That's not going to be that easy. I mean, he's been around for centuries with thousands of enemies. What makes you think Bonnie alone will be able to even slow him down?"
Roman cut in catching a glimpse of Klaus's smirk.
"Roman has a point. I mean, what if he-"
Damon sped a Bonnie trying to catch her off guard but she easily pushed him away.
"Well, I was impressed."
Stefan grinned.
"It doesn't matter if he's an Original. I can take down anyone who comes at me. I can kill him, Elena. I know I can."
Roman sighed looking at his friend, if only she knew.

"Are we ready to go?"
Roman asked Klaus who chuckled.
"Sorry love, I can't risk you being there to protect your precious boyfriend."
Klaus grabbed Roman by the shoulder staring into his eyes.
"Do not leave here until I say."
Roman's eyes widened in shock.
"Klaus please!"
But the hybrid didn't listen walking out the door without so much as a glance.
"What you have isn't healthy Roman."
Katherine told him sternly.
In rare moments Katherine would treat Roman like a brother and he a sister.
Neither discussed it afterwards but they each knew it was there.
"It's fine."
Roman whispered staring at the ground.
"Why do you listen to someone who treats you like that?"
Katherine sighed out furrowing her eyebrows.
"It's just Klaus's way of showing he cares about people."
Roman weakly tried to defend.
"That's is not love Roman! That is manipulation. Trust me I would know."
Katherine grumbled falling onto the couch.
While Roman bent down picking up the shattered glass from the earlier events.

|klaus and roman aren't
all laughs and kisses|