8

Roman woke up kissing along Alaric's neck, the teacher smiled lovingly down at him

Ric opened his mouth to say something but they were cut off by Rebekah storming through the door.
"You're coming with me."
Rebekah grabbed Roman's wrist throwing him a sweater seeing as all he had on were jeans.
"Why am I coming with you?"
Roman gaped putting on his boots in a hurry following Rebekah.
Roman and Bekah blew by Elena both of them looking disheveled.

"Well, well, well, there's our girl! And boy."
Kol smirked blocking Rebekah and Roman.
"Get out of my way, Kol."
Rebekah glared harshly.
"Out all night. What a scandal! I trust you did better than that commoner? Matt, was it? We all know who Roman was with."
Roman gave a playful wink to Kol, his sweater still in hand instead of on.
"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth."
Rebekah hissed making Roman smirk.
"Or perhaps it will be your tongue."
Roman added in, Rebekah's grin matching the Salvatore.
"Don't start, Nik."
Roman groaned like a child hearing Klaus's laugh.
"I didn't say anything."
Nik laughed again bringing a soft smile to Roman's face.
"I'm bored. Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment."
Kol sighed like a child.
"I could be your entertainment."
Roman smirked devilishly.
"God no. What are you waiting for? Go on, have at it."
Nik told them, giving Roman a horrified glance.
"It's not fun to go alone. Join me, Nik! It's the least you can do after sticking a dagger in my heart. Or you Roman you're always a party."
Kol grinned, and for some reason when Kol brought it up Roman wasn't disgusted by his killings.
"Okay. Why not? I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night, what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date."
Klaus grinned at Kol and Roman eagerly.
"Yes, please go, this house has enough men rolling around it in."
Bekah rolled her eyes.
"Just like you, Bekah."
Roman rolled over with laughter as Kol smiled proud of himself.
Rebekah threw her shoes at the two, Kol skillfully dodging it but Roman getting his square in the head.
"Good riddance, both of you!"
Bekah held back a grin as Roman fell to the floor dramatically.
"Rebekah."
All the vampires turned to Elijah who stood at the top of the stairs and came down slowly. 
"Not you too, Elijah."
The blonde girl pouted.
"I'm worried about mother. Have you not noticed her strange behavior?"
Elijah brought up a serious topic making the mood shift.
"I don't even know the woman and I have a bad feeling."
Roman spoke up, for some reason the original siblings held Roman's opinions with great value.
"She's been dead for a thousand years. What's strange for her?"
Bekah tried to defend.
"Burnt sage. She was doing a privacy spell."
Elijah handed it to Roman, which Rebekah snatched eagerly from his hands.
"You know she fancies such things. Why don't you ask Finn? He's been doting on her."
Rebekah rolled her eyes referring to their eldest sibling.
"I don't trust Finn. He hates what we are, he always has."
Elijah sighed.
"That's not true. And as for mother, she returned for one reason, to make our family whole. She loves us. What trouble are you looking to find?"
Rebekah stormed off angrily making all the boys sigh.
"I'll keep an eye out Elijah, promise."
Roman assured the original siblings as all looked to him.
"I need to get going but please tell me if you find out something. This is my family just as much as it is all of yours."

Alaric and Roman has gone to his apartment desperately craving to be around each other after last night.
"Why do you seem so stressed?"
Alaric asked wrapping his arms around Roman from behind as the vampire rested his arms on the kitchen counter.
"I'm afraid for the Mikaelson's."
Roman didn't feel Alaric tensed.
"I just feel like-"
Roman was cut off by Alaric's phone ringing.
"I haven't seen Elena since this morning."
Ric said after a while.
"Well, I'm surprised you have time to call, what with all this Original sex you've been having."
Ric rolled his eyes making Roman's eyebrows raise.
He decided to listen into the conversation.
"Oh, really? Did she also tell you that she's having an attack of conscience about this whole Original murder thing?"
Roman's eyes widened immensely as he gaped at Alaric.
"The what?"
Roman shouted deadly, and so loud Damon heard it over the phone.
"Roman I-"
"After all I'm not that shocked, I'm used to you keeping me out of things!"
Roman glared bumping Alaric's shoulder as he stormed out of the apartment.

Roman had received a call later that night from Elijah asking for him to come to the mansion.
"What in the hell is wrong with you?"
Roman shouted storming into the house.
"You did the one thing I asked you not to!"
Roman glared at Elijah who merely sighed.
"Where the bloody hell is everyone?"
Rebekah broke the twos argument as Roman took a deep breath pulling at his hair.
"It's over, Rebekah."
Elijah told her blankly noticing Roman was calming down.
"Where's mother?"
Bekah asked.
"We have no mother. Only Esther, and Esther was right."
Roman felt the sadness radiating off of Elijah.
"What do you mean?"
Bekah was obviously confused.
"My talk of virtue. When it suits my needs, I kill, maim, and torment. Even today, I terrorized an innocent."
Elijah shook his head.
"Elena is hardly innocent in this Elijah."
Roman defended the Original.
"And I used Rebekah's hatred of her to get what I wanted. Wielded you like I would a sword. My sister."
Roman looked at Elijah with a frown, his heart hurting.
"You did it to protect us, Elijah, and rightly so! We deserve to live! We are better than they are."
Rebekah told him.
For once Roman realized he believed that as well.
"As much as I love humanity Elijah we are better. We are more evolved. We don't frown on each other for petty things."
Roman added crossing his arms.
"Are we? Mother made us vampires. She didn't make us monsters, we all did that to ourselves."
Elijah glared at the two.
"You did that to yourself Roman no matter what part Niklaus played in it."
Roman reeled back at that comment, dropping his arms to his side as his face dropped.
Rebekah took Roman's hand in hers glaring at her brother.
"You don't have to be so cruel Elijah."
With that Bekah whisked Roman away.

Rebekah wandered through the house wandering into Klaus's study.
"I thought you'd have gone by now. Elijah's leaving. Kol's fled. Esther and Finn are gone too."
Klaus told them not looking up from his sketch book.
"Kol is gone?"
Both the blondes heard the Salvatore's voice crack, Rebekah squeezed his hand tighter.
"I hated you when I learned you killed our mother. But I realize now that after a thousand years together as a family, you're the only one who never left me."
Rebekah told him softly.
"Well, aren't we a pair. Roman as well has never left us for the decades he's known us."
Klaus smiled up at the blue eyed boy who smiled right back.
"There's something I need you to see. Both of you."
Rebekah pulled out her phone showing them a video of Elena.
"Oh my god."
Roman gaped grabbing the phone.
"Come to brag about your skills as a torturer?"
Klaus snorted.
"The images on the wall, it's your story. Then there are Natives worshipping the White Oak."
Roman told him.
"And? We burned that tree to the ground. You've heard the story hundreds of times Roman."
Klaus shook his head in confusion.
"Look at the markings that precede it. That's the native calendar."
Rebekah chimed in backing up Roman.
"This can't be right."
Klaus's gravely tone echoed in Roman's ears.
"A White Oak tree. There must have been a sapling, a new tree to replace the old. 
That tree could kill you, all of you."
Roman gaped his eyes filled with fear, alongside the originals.
They all stared at each other in shock, all on their toes to find the tree and turn it to ash.