Ch.19: Burning

Jerome's POV

I walk into Mitch's room and gasp at the sight.

The room is a mess of burnt items.

Papers, Betty, even his furniture is burnt to some degree.

"Mitch, what happened?" I ask as my eyes lay on him.

He grips his chain necklace with white fists and stares ahead with a blank expression.

"Mitch." I say, my voice raised.

He continues to stare.

I walk over to him and shake him lightly.

Still nothing.

With a sigh, I raise my hand and swing it at his face.

Before my hand can make contact with his face, he grabs it in a firm grip.

"Ow, M-Mitch. T-That burns." I stutter, falling to my knees and trying to pry my hand out of his.

His head turns towards me, his eyes vacant of any emotion.

"M-Mitch?"

The lost look fades into a look of horror and regret.

He releases my hand and rushes past me.

"Mitch!" I scream, ignoring the pain from my wrist.

I chase him around the castle till he runs into Mat, allowing me to finally catch up to him.

He gasps as I grab his wrist, but I pull my hand away quickly, his skin burning mine.

"Mitch what the nether is going on?"

"I don't know okay? give me f*cking five minutes to myself will you?" he snaps, his eyes literally blazing with fury.

I whimper and shrink back.

He let's out a frustrated huff and storms off.

"What was that about Jerome?" Mat asks.

"He's just going through things. Sky's back just so you know." I mumble, walking back towards my room.

"Hey Jerome!" he calls after me.

I slow down slightly and wait for him to catch up.

"Want to play some hunger games?"

"Nah g. Maybe later. I'm going to my room for a little bit."

"K, let me and Rob know when you want to play."

I wave as he runs off and reach my room.

'What did I do to make him so p*ssed off?'

Mitch's POV

I didn't mean to snap at Jerome.

It just...

Happened.

It makes me feel bad.

I hurt my best friend, then when he asks me what's wrong, I snap at him.

'I'm a monster.'

'No your not'

'Devon? you can talk through my mind now?'

'Yup. What happened back there... wasn't either of us.'

'What do you mean?'

'When Herobrine took your dog tags... I was released along with your powers. As soon as he found out, he used me to control you since you had no knowledge of your powers yet. When you broke free, I was set free as well, resulting in Herobrine's hold on your powers to be broken.'

'Wait. Are you and my 'powers' connected in some way?'

'Technically, I am your powers.'

My mind= blown.

'Okay, so Herobrine had control over you and gained control over me by doing so correct?'

'Yes.'

'So going back to my question before I had passed out. Who made you?'

He sighs. 'I honestly have no clue. I know that these powers were given to you at a young age, so you weren't born with them.'

'Then who would give them to me?'

'That would be me.'

'Herobrine. What are you doing in my head?'

'I'm just seeing how powerful my son is getting.'

'I am not your son.'

'Oh not you. I'm talking about Devon.'

A/N

Y'all must hate me for all the cliff hangars and shtuff, but it makes things more interesting.

Sorry, this chapter might seem really stupid, but the reason for this 'plot twist' (if you could call it that) will come in a later chapter (hopefully)

Please leave a comment if I have a typo or grammatical error. I have to rush to write these sometimes.

Oh and also, when school starts I'm only going to be able to update on the weekends.

I might do like two on Saturday and one on Sunday, but I'm not sure yet.

Same with Obsessed (on 1D_and_TC my collaborative account with my friend) except once each day.

Thanks for all the support.

-Bai