Chapter 22: For Life (the last chapter)

Three years later

Eliza's point of view:

I was spinning in one of the tall, red stools by my kitchen counter, scrolling through my Instagram feed.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed showing a text from Grayson.

Grayson: Meet me on the beach

An expression of curiosity took over my face as I slipped on my flip flops and headed towards my car.

Grayson and I have been together since we where 14 and now we're both 18. He's everything to me and my favorite person in the whole entire world. I would do anything for him.

Lately he's been anxious around me though and I wonder if he's going to tell me why at the beach today.

Once I started driving, it was only ten minutes until I arrived at the mini paradise.

I spotted Grayson standing on the perfect white sand while staring off into the blue world in front of him.

I put one foot in front of the other until I was standing right next to him.

He turned his head towards me as his beautiful yet meaningful eyes met with mine.

He took in one last deep breath as he began to speak.

"I've known I loved since we were kids, I've known I lusted you since we first kissed, I've known I needed you since the day I left for LA. You are my other half and I'm not complete without you. You make me a better person and make all the days worth it. I don't know how I deserve you but since I have you, I never want to let you go."

A wide smile suddenly covered his face as he let out a soft laugh. "Holy shit that was cheesy."

I smiled back.

"Go on." I insisted. "I dig your cheesiness."

He bit his lip as he began to kneel on his left knee.

My hands immediately covered my mouth in excitement on what was to come.

"Eliza, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

My hands fell from my mouth revealing the huge smile that was taking over my face.

The answer was easy.

"Yes."

THE END
_____________________________
I hope you guys enjoyed my first story! I have lots of room to improve on my writing and hopefully with time, I'll have way juicier stories. A big thanks to everyone one who read this, voted on this, and/or commented on this. Ily guys sm and thanks for sticking by me <3

Until next time,
- honeyygrethan