22. Picnic

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calum's P.O.V

I woke up by the sound ringing on my phone. Before taking a look who it was, I tried to sit up not making Carol to wake up.

My phone keep on ringing and when I take a look, it was my mom, calling me in the morning at 6am.

"Hello mom?" I ask in curiousity.

"Not so ethusiastic Calum?" My mom ask.

"Sorry mom. Didn't mean it that way but calling in 6am in the morning doesn't really make my brain work well" I commented.

"Oh sorry sweetie. Even though we're in Australia, we still have different timezones" my mom giggled.

"Haha it's alright mom. But anyways, why you call up?" I ask.

"I just miss my baby boy that's all. However, I heard some news..." She pause for awhile.

What news? I thought.

She continued "I just wanted to know if Carol is alright. I haven't met your girlfriend yet but she seems so lovely. Anyways, the news is going crazy with the advertisement you did. I hope it didn't bother you much"

I love my mom on how we even talk positive stuff with the negative in it.

When she mentioned Carol, I glance at her and she looks so beautiful. I caresses her cheek when I continue to talk to my mom.

"Yes mom. Carol is all good. You'll meet her someday. And I really didn't give a thing about the news. It's total complete bullshit again" I told her.

"Mind your word Calum" my mom stated.

"Sorry mom" I quickly say.

"It's alright Calum. Anyways, I better get going. Keep in touch sweetie. Call me whenever you're free. Love you" she said.

"Okay mom. Stay safe and love you" I reply to her. I put the phone beside me and I smile at the thought that I miss my mom as always. I always miss her when we are in tour as well. She's the only person who I couldn't thank you enough for what she had done for me.

Carol's P.O.V

I woke up by those soft fingers of Calum caressing my cheek. I smile at how soft it is and it's giving me shivers down my spine.

I squint my eyes to adjust to the daylight shining through my window. I turn to look at Calum and he is smiling. Smiling so widely.

"Goodmorning Carol" he gave me a kiss and wrap his arms around my waist.

"Goodmorning Calum" I said breaking away whilst are nose is touching to each other. "Why you smiling?" I added.

"Well my mom just called and she's asking if how you going, but I miss her" he told me.

I put my arms around his neck and reply "Your mom is so sweet. I'm sure that your mom misses you more"

"I know. However, we have picnic today and your parents said we'll be leaving at 8. We got one and half hour to prepare" he stated.

"My boyfriend so organise today surprisingly" I giggled.

"Because..." he trailed off.

"Because?" I ask.

"You know it later" he smirk.

"Another surprise Calum?"

"Yes Carol" he laugh.