Chapter 3

Author's note: Thanks for reading my book. Please remember to vote and comment. Comment if you think you know who the thief is! :D

Chapter Three

The sun was sadly beginning to set into the sky. I wished it was still up so I did not have to face my father. He makes me so angry, but while I was in the woods I prayed to my Heavenly Father to forgive me for disobeying my earthly father. I am glad to know that even if my father on earth does not love me, I have a father in Heaven who will always love me.

I got back in my room just in time for Emily to come an say that dinner is ready. I changed into my dinner dress and knocked on the children’s door. No one answered. I opened the door to find that no one was there. “One of the butlers took them to dinner since you could not be found anywhere,” Emily told me.

When we came into the dinning hall I saw that my father’s chair was empty. “Will father be joining us this evening?” I asked one of the waiters who was bringing out our meal.

“No, Your Majesty. He is eating in his room tonight.” I wonder if he does not want to see me either.

“Hello, Princess Arianna. How was your day today?” asked Cooper. He must have felt the awkwardness of the silence.

“It was fine,” I replied a little harsher than I expected. “How was the fencing?”

“It was fun. I would like to study it some time if possible,” replied Cooper.

“Well I’m sure something can be arranged. You can go there anytime you want. Did you like the horses at the stables, Sarah?” I asked.

“I loved them! Can I keep the pony that was there?”

“I’m sorry, Sarah. You can’t keep the pony but I’m sure you can ride it while you’re here.” She looked so disappointed. There wasn’t much conversation after that. I wasn’t very hungry so I just picked at my food. “Give the rest of my food to the servants,” I told a butler when I was done. He nodded and took my plate. “Please excuse me. I shall go to my room now.”

“Princess Arianna, what should we do now?” asked Cooper.

“Well, what do you usually do after you eat dinner?” I asked.

“We go to bed. I was just asking in case you do things differently in the castle,” Cooper replied. He yawned.

“I think you should go to bed. Come along then.”

When we got to our rooms, Sarah asked me, “Will you tell us a bed time story?”

“I would be delighted to,” I said.

“You really don’t have to. She’ll be fine without one,” Henry said.

“I was not lying. I would be glad to read to her.” We all walked in to the girls’ room. “What story do you to hear?” I asked.

“Anything,” replied Amelia. I thought about all the stories I knew, then decided which one to tell them.

“Okay. Once upon a time, there was a beautiful girl. She was the daughter of a Duke. And there was a very handsome prince. The prince wanted to have a masquerade ball to celebrate his birthday. He invited everyone in the kingdom to come. The night of the ball, everyone wore a mask. So it was very hard to know who was there. The girl came and she wore the most beautiful gown you could ever imagine. The prince saw her and said, ‘I must meet that girl. Who is she?’ But nobody knew who she was. What the prince didn’t know was that he had already met the girl. He walked up to her and asked, ‘May I have this dance?’ She said yes. They danced all night. Never were they apart. They never danced with anyone else that night. Then, when everyone was gone, the prince asked her, ‘What is your name? For you know mine but I do not know yours?’ She replied, ‘My name is Guenevere. I am the daughter of Duke Lawrence. I fear you have made a mistake. I do not know your name either.’ The prince was was surprised that she was Guenevere. He had no idea of who she was until then. ‘I am Prince Phillip.’ This surprised the girl for she did not realize she danced with the prince all night. But they did not care. For each one knew at that moment, when they looked into each other’s eyes, that they fell helplessly in love. They got married soon after that, and lived happily ever after.” When I finished my story Sarah, Cooper, and Amelia had fallen asleep.