Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

Prince Garrett arrived within two days as expected. We stood in front of the castle to welcome him. He rode in on a huge, white horse. His back straight with pride. Prince Garrett was a handsome man. He had brown, curly hair. His eyes were brown with flecks of gold. I must admit, I liked him better than Sir Walter. Prince Garrett got off his horse and walked towards us. He bowed deeply.

“It is a pleasure to meet you, Your Majesties,” Prince Garrett said.

“Rise, Prince Garrett. I would like you to meet my daughter, Princess Arianna,” my father said.

“How do you?” I asked as I curtsied.

“How do you do?” he asked in return as he bowed.

“This is Sir Walter, my daughter’s fiancé,” father introduced. “And this is Henry, Jasmine, Amelia, Cooper, and Sarah. They are staying in the castle with us.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you all,” said Prince Garrett,

“The pleasure is ours,” said Jasmine.

‘Jasmine must like him,’

I thought.

“Arianna, would you please show Prince Garrett to his room?” asked father.

“Yes, father. Come with me,” I said. We walked through the long hallway and up stairs to the second floor. “This is it.”

Prince Garrett walked in and looked around. “I believe this room would suit nicely,” he said, giving me a smile.

“I’m glad you like it,” I said.

A servant came to me and said, “Your Majesty, the king would like to talk to you.”

“Thank you. You may go now. Prince Garrett, I will see you at dinner,” I said.

“See you at dinner,” he said before I walked away.

I went to the throne room expecting my father to be there but it was empty. I walked to the library but it was empty. I checked the meeting hall and found him in there. What I did not expect to find was King Derek with him.

“You wanted to see me father?”

“Yes, please sit down. We have some things we would like to discuss with you,” replied my father.

“We?” I asked with curiosity. Then I remembered that they wanted me to marry Prince Garrett.

“Yes. King Derek and I have made plans, but we believe you ought to give your input since they concern you,” King Phillip answered.

“I thank you for your consideration,” I said.

“Your father has told me that you do not get along with your fiancé. Is that correct?”

“Yes. We argue more than not.”

“We talked about this problem and came with a conclusion. Do you prefer my son than Sir Walter?” asked King Derek.

“I do not understand your question,” I said.

“Would you rather marry my son, Prince Garrett, than marry Sir Walter?” he rephrased.

“I do not know your son well enough, Your Majesty, to answer that particular question. But from what I do know, he seems to be quite agreeable,” I answered.

“King Derek and I believe that you would make a great couple. We have agreed that they could have a jousting tournament and they winner could have your hand in marriage,” said my father.