Part 2

PART 2

*Nathan’s POV* 

We were all stood in the kitchen, after tom’s outburst. I saw Samantha and instantly smiled, she always brightened my mornings.

“Good morning!” I smiled wrapping my arms around her giving her a quick hug. She rested her head on my chest as I kissed her hair, that’s when the memories came flooding back to me.

*flashback* 

“Nathan stop it! Give it back!” Samantha squealed, chasing me around the grounds of our school.

“I’ll give you it back if you kiss me!” I joked, knowing she wouldn’t.

We were 13, and I had taken her diary from her, as she sat at break filling it out. I ran about teasing her, pretending to read it, as she chased me, begging for it back.

“Fine,” she sighed, and kissed me lightly on the lips, grabbing the diary and running off.

We had grown up together ever since the age of 5, when she moved next door to me. We lived in Gloucester and were the best of friends.

I smile as I remember those previous couple of seconds, playing it back in my mind.

*back to the present day* 

“So, day off today, what do you want to do?” I asked everyone.

“I don’t mind” Samantha smiled, still in my grasp.

“Me either, why don’t we get out of the house for a bit?” Jay offered.

“I fancy heading up to that park, not far from here” Siva added, “its a good day for a kick about and a picnic”.

“Sounds good to me,” Max chuckled, beginning to fix various items out.

“I think we should invite Ashley to come with us” Samantha said “its the least we can do after Tom kicking off last night about bloody boxes, plus she seems like a really nice girl”

“Sounds great!” Jay said, “I’ll go ask if you like?” He offered.

“Sure, we’ll meet you out at the van, in about 15 minutes?” I suggested

“Okay” was the muttered response.

*Ashley’s POV* 

I had just got changed, nothing too fancy just a thin crop top and some denim shorts, when there was knock at my door.

I sighed, assuming it would be the boy from next door, wanting another argument. I was suprised when I opened the door to see a curly haired boy, stood smiling.

” Hi, I’m Jay, I live next door” he smiled

“Ashley” I replied

“We were just wondering if you want to come for a picnic today?” He smiled, his blue eyes sparkling in the sun.

“Yeah, that would be nice,” I smiled.

“Let’s go then, if your ready?” He smiled “oh and I heard about Tom last night, I’m really sorry about him” he chuckled.

I grabbed my phone and walked down the their van with him. “Ah don’t worry about it, Tom’s met his match with me, I can hold my own,” I giggled.

We stood chatting and laughing until the others joined us.

“Heeeeey” Samantha smiled as she sat next to me in the van.

“Hi, thanks for inviting me today,” I smiled back to her.

“Its no problem, I wanted to get a catch up with you” she smiled.