Part 19

PART 19

*Nathan’s POV* 

*1 Hour Later* 

My stomach was in sheer agony, as I lay in the hospital bed, tears still streaming down my face.

“Samantha, we have your results.” A nurse said, coming and sitting beside Nathan and I. I looked up at her, Nathan squeezed my hand really tight.

“I’m sorry to say, that you were pregnant Samantha,” she soothed.

“Were?” I repeated quietly.

“You had a miscarriage, that’s what those pains were,” she said sympathetically.

“I … I… I…” I couldn’t bring myself to say it, instead I sunk down into Nathan’s arms, hiding my tears.

“I’m so sorry for your loss,” she soothed, “shall I send your friends in, or would you like some time alone?” She asked.

“I’ll go get them when we’re ready” Nathan replied, before tightening his grip around me.

“Shhhhhh” he soothed in my ear.

The nurse nodded and left the room. “I’m so sorry Nathan, I’m sorry,” I cried into his shoulder.

“Don’t even say that Sam, this wasn’t your fault, don’t you dare blame yourself!” He replied, kissing my head gently.

“It was though Nath, I didn’t even know, and now our baby is gone,” I sobbed. He hugged me, tighter than ever before.

“We’ll get through this Sam, we have to be strong,” he soothed. Why hadn’t I realised earlier. I should have know. Now, there was nothing I could do…Apart from cry.

“Shall I go and get Tom and Ashley?” He asked, stroking my hair.

“Please” I mumbled. He went and brought them in, and explained everything that we were told.

“Aw Sam!” Ashley said, hugging me.

The nurse walked back in shortly after.

“Would you like to know the rough time when that got pregnant?” She asked softly.

I lay still contemplating what she had just said. For the first time, the thought crossed my head… it could have been Tom’s.

“Yes please,” I said quietly.

“Roughly 3-4 months ago,” she said.

“Oh” was all I could make myself say, as I gazed up at Tom quickly.

He looked back down at me, and realisation hit him.

I turned around, hiding my face in Nathan’s hoodie. I felt so helpless. There was nothing I could do. And now to make matters worse, Tom could have been the dad.

“Doesn’t that mean…. That uhm Tom… Could have been the dad?” Ashley asked quietly her voice cracking at the end.

I nodded ever so slightly, just enough for them to see.

“Would you like me to do a paternity test?” The nurse asked softly.

“Urrrmmm” Nathan groaned slightly, stroking my hair still.

“Yes please,” I spoke up.

I needed to know, and the boys deserved to know.

Ashley just sat there in silence.

“Sorry Ashley” I mouthed over to her, reaching out to take her hand.

“It’s fine,” she mouthed back, still staring ahead.