Part 14

PART 14

*Tom’s POV* 

I was laid on my bed, thinking everything over when Max stormed in.

“She’s leaving. Sam’s going to go home for a bit, and she could be gone for weeks!” He said.

“What? She’s leaving?” I stuttered, sitting up.

“Yes, she can’t stand to be around Ashley or Nathan after what’s happened!” He sighed.

“Maybe its for the best mate? Give her some time to clear her head?” I replied calmly.

“I don’t want her to go though, she’s like my little sister!” He sighed.

“She just needs to do whatever feels right for her mate, she’s just lost her boyfriend and best friend” I replied trying to make him understand what she was going through.

I was feeling the exact same way as Samantha. I had lost my girlfriend and one of my closest friends.

“I guess,” he sighed, walking out of my room and into his own.

I heard someone come in downstairs and come upstairs, it must have been Nathan. I also heard footsteps from the lounge coming upstairs. This wasn’t going to go well. He went into his room, and whoever it was followed him. I heard him raise his voice slightly and could just make out what he was saying.

“I’m jusy getting some stuff, I’m staying at Ashley for a bit!” He said, “I need to get away from here.”

Samantha walked from his room into the shared bathroom, almost instantly. She closed the door gently, locking it. I lay in bed listening, I could hear Nathan getting clothes together, the wardrobe doors slamming. Whilst there was no sound at all from the bathroom.

I heard him leave again, closing the front door behind him. A few seconds later, Samantha emerged and went into their room. I could hear her crying softly.

What do I do? Do I go to Ashley’s and try to talk to them? Do I talk to Samantha?

The house was an eerie silence apart from the almost silent movements Samantha made, packing some of her stuff.

As usual I’d fucked things up again. I had to do something, I just couldn’t decide what. I laid contemplating my decisions. Talk to Samantha first, then head over and speak to Ashley and Nathan.

I walked across to Samantha’s room, and knocked lightly on the door.

“Come in,” she said quietly.

She had a tiny bag, almost fully packed on her bed as she added some makeup and a brush.

“Sam, when are you coming back?” I asked softly.

“Probably in a couple of weeks,” she sighed. “I’m so sorry Tom, for everything this has caused.”

“Its as much my fault as it is yours Sam” I replied gently.

“Now we both have to deal with the concequences,” she sighed.

“Goodbye for now Tom,” she said, kissing my cheek before she left.

“Goodbye Sam, be careful,” I replied.

Max was already stood in the hall waiting to say his goodbyes, when she left the room.

“Don’t be away for weeks Sam?” he asked.

“I won’t, I just need to clear my head a bit,” she said, hugging him.

“Tell Nathan and Ashley I’m really sorry for everything” she added, turning to walk away “I’m sorry guys” she said, holding back tears, “I’m really sorry!”