Part 15

PART 15

*Nathan’s POV* 

*Saturday* 

Today was finally here. It was time for me to go and see Sam for the first time in weeks. Could I forgive her? That I didn’t know. All I knew for sure was that I needed her back in my life again. I got on the train at 1pm, and made the short journey back to farmland.

I had no idea how today was going to go. Max had been telling us all, how upset Samantha had been about the whole situation. I know what she done was wrong, but I missed her. 

I pulled up at her house and knocked quietly on the door. Nerves were taking over my body as I patiently waited for an answer.

Her parents opened the door, ushering me inside before they left to give us some privacy.

I went up to her room and slowly creaked open her bedroom door.. She was packing the last of her things, and was shocked when she saw me.

She stopped what she was doing, and looked up at me.

“Nath….” She began.

“Hey Sam,” I said, closing her door over softly.

“What are you…doing here?” She questioned shocked.

“I’ve come to take you home,” I said. 

“Look Sam, we need to sit and talk this through before we go,” I stated, sitting down on her bed.

She looked at me, both worried and confusion, washed over her face.

She sat down beside me.

“What happened?” I asked.

“Nathan… I know this is no excuse, but we were both just so drunk” she said, looking down.

“But, why Tom? Of all people, why him?” I asked softly.

She looked up at me, her eyes were pleading with mine,

“I need to know Sam, please.” I said quietly.

“I don’t know, he was just there, it just happened Nathan. We done it all without thinking, it was just the heat of the moment. I’m so sorry Nathan” she replied.

I sighed, and ruffled my hair.

“I want us to try and be friends Samantha,” I said to her.

She looked up at me shocked, as I reached out for her hands. I took her hands in mine and cradled them gently.

“Are you sure Nathan?” She asked.

“I think we should just go back to being friends just now Sam, everything else we can work on with time” I mumbled.

“I can live with that,” she smiled.

“So, what’s been going on with you?’ She asked me.

I sat for a moment contemplating if I should tell her or not. It would shatter her, if she knew.

I decided telling her would be best. If we were going to re-build a friendship, it had to be one of complete honesty.

“There’s something you need to know Sam…and your not going to like it…” I began.

“You can tell me anything Nath, you know that.” She said, urging me to continue.

“When I found out what you had done, I was furious Samantha. You were not only my girlfriend but also my best friend. I was hurt, you hurt me so much by doing what you had.I went and found Ashley. She was in pieces. I pulled her into a hug to calm her down,” I said.

“I’m really sorry that I made you feel that way Nathan. It was horrible, it was the worst mistake of my life” She replied, searching my eyes with hers.

“One thing led to another and before I knew it, we were kissing,” I said.

“Oh.” Was all that she replied.

“Then, well we went back to her house…” I continued.

I looked down at her, for the first time in my life I couldn’t work out what she was thinking. Her face was emotionless.

“Did… Um, did anything happen between you two?” She asked quietly.

I think the expression on my face gave it all away.

“Almost,” I admitted honestly. She looked up at me, the same blank expression on her face, as I had when I found her with Tom.

“Okay” she replied weakly and quietly.

“I stayed at hers for a week or 2, and I’ll admit it, we did kiss and stuff a few times, but no matter how heated it got, we couldn’t go through with it!” I said.

*Flashback* 

“Do you always tend to walk around only wearing joggies?” Ashley asked, as I sat on the couch.

“Yeah, gives you something good to look at” I grinned.

“Mhmm, you wish Sykes,” she giggled.

“Admit it, you love it” I smiled cheekily as I shuffled closer to her.

“See, I don’t think I do,” she said, shaking her head.

I towered my weight over her, as my lips made contact with hers for the third time today. “You see, I think you do” I mumbled.

“You see, you are wrong,” she mumbled against my lips, playing with my hair.

“Well from where I’m at, you seem to be enjoying this an awful lot” I chuckled.

“That’s because I am,” she smirked, pulling me closer.

We lay on the couch kissing, for a while. Somehow she had managed to slide her top off, so that we were “equal”. She tugged on my joggy bottoms a few times.

“Ashley, I don’t think we should do this” I admitted wearily.

She stopped tugging at them, and looked up into my eyes.

“Yeah, you’re right,” she said, placing a kiss on my lips, “what about kissing, is that off limits too?” She added.

“No chance” I chuckled, kissing her back again.

“Good, because I’d miss this too much,” she grinned, sliding her tongue into my mouth.

*Present Day* 

“Okay” Samantha repeated again, her voice hardly a whisper.

“Anyway, let’s just start fresh, yeah?” I said. “From right now,” I added.

“Are you sure that’s what you want Nathan?” She asked wearily

“I’m positive,” I replied, smiling at her. 

“Hi, I’m Nathan,” I said, holding out my hand.

“Hi Nathan, I’m Samantha” she smiled innocently.

We picked up her bags, and headed for the train. Things were going great so far.

“I’m really sorry for everything Nathan” she repeated again on the train.

“It’s fine Sam, everthings slowly getting back to normal,” I replied. An hour or so later, we were back home.

“You’re back!” Max cheered as we walked through the doors.

“Yeah,” she smiled shyly, as all of the boys rushed to welcome her.

“We’re glad your back Sam” Siva smiled.

“And you’re not going anywhere again,” Jay said.

She smiled, as Max appeared from the kitchen.

“heeeey” he smiled, giving her a hug.

“Hey!” She smiled back.

I was so glad things were back to the way they were before.