Chapter 3

~Lucy's POV

~Lucy's POV

After Nash fell asleep I dragged Natsu to our room. "You almost caused him a heart attack with your 'No, he didn't.' What were you thinking?" I yelled at him.

Natsu stared at me plainly. He shoved his hands in his pockets. "I have to teach him how to conceal his emotions."

I pushed him to the wall. He hissed, the force pushing on his new scar he got a week ago. "So what? So he can be like you? Nothing wrong with that. But I don't want our son to have his emotions sealed," I said.

Natsu look me in the eyes, and I swear that for a moment I saw him looking upset. "Lucy. I have to teach his mind to be tougher than his emotions. I just have to."

But somewhere, I just know it has more meanings than just that. I pleaded him with my eyes. I wanted to know what he meant. Why is it so important for a six year old to conceal his emotions?

He sighed in defeat. "You can't ignore the fact that I do something dangerous. And you can't ignore the fact that there is literally a price for our heads. I want him to be strong and prepared for when someone suddenly dies. It can happen. There is no escape in what destiny has for us. So if one of us or both of us dies, I don't want him to stop living his life. I don't want him to stop eating, talking to others, laughing, smiling or playing. I want him to go on with his life, for us, for himself."

I have to say, what Natsu said was true and touchy. I hugged him, I just felt the need to embrace him. He slowly hugged me back and I felt him holding me secure.

We stayed in that position for a while. "Let's eat! I'm hungry!" Natsu said, in an attempt to change the topic. I nodded, agreeing with his intentions.

We went downstairs, but Natsu almost made me fall on the staircase. "You bastard!" I screamed at him, playfully. "But I still hate that stunt earlier with Nash," I muttered.

He nodded. "I know, but I'm not sorry."

He dragged me to the kitchen where he waited for Lisanna to make something. Nobody asked what happened to Nash. Luckily they didn't, we were not in the mood to explain.

~Nash's POV

I was on my bed, trying to sleep. But I simply couldn't. I felt such an embarassment to my parents, especially my father. I know he excels in fighting. In almost everything. He probably expected me to be too. Though he said he was proud of me, I didn't believe it, not because I think he lied, but because I think I am not worthy of such praises from him.

My opponent was so much stronger than me, I couldn't do anything but to take those punches. My body still hurts, though I can bear with it.

I snuggled closer under the blankets. It was a rainy day and a small light shone through the window. After mum and dad left the room I cried silently again. I heard the door slamming shut. Mum and dad left their room to go down. But the slamming...