Chapter 20

Guys.

I love you!!
Damn the comments on this book, even the spammers xd! I appreciate every comment and read every comment. You guys are amazing <3
Thanks for the 700+ votes by the way.

 You guys are amazing <3Thanks for the 700+ votes by the way

~Lucy's POV

I was staring blankly at the ceiling in my room, my body felt numb. I got the emotions out I stored inside.

I never meant to hurt Natsu with it. I know our responsibilities, even I have some. We can't just leave this life.

But as a mother, I want to. I want Nash to have a peaceful life without the worries us adults carries. I looked at the frame Nash, Natsu and I got a while ago.

We were swimming in the pool and Virgo suddenly took a picture of us. We were smiling brightly and we were happy.

Now when I look at Nash's look of despair I can't help but feel devastated.

I knew Natsu felt exactly the same way, the same helplessness we're plagued with.

I clenched my hands and stood up. Acting helpless won't do anything at all.

I walked to Natsu's office and went inside. Natsu had a surprised look on his face when he saw me. "You okay?"

I mentally rolled my eyes at the question. Not the best time to ask, buddy.

He put his lip in a tight line. "I know you're not. I'm sorry, I don't know how to deal with this situation either." His stone cold face was back into place. He didn't want me to see his anguish.

I walked behind him and saw that he was checking the security cameras again. "You know that won't help, right?" I asked him softly.

He was moody because of everything.

"I fucking know that."

I sighed and walked away, not mentally strong enough for his harshness now. I felt like he hasn't been sleeping the last few days. The empty cups of coffee on his desk proved my theory along with the dark eye bags.

I walked through the cells of the basement, letting my fingers move across the walls.

I ended up by the last cell. I opened it and immediately the one held captive looked my way.

"Jason," I said, confirming his name and my identity.

He looked better than first. The bruises were light red instead of purple and his wounds got cleaned up.