Chapter 16

If you see a mistake, please point it out kindly :)

I really appreciate votes and comments! Keeps me happy 😝 not saying you are obliged or whatever,

~Nobody's POV

Natsu immediately ran towards the main hall in the basement. Gray came out from a room when he heard the scream. They didn't hesitate to pull out both of their guns.

A murder look appeared on Natsu's face, and Gray knew too well what that meant.

A couple seconds later they arrived, immediately scanning the area. Tables were crashed and walls were broken.

But almost no one was injured. Natsu's eyes searched the people, stopping when he didn't see what he wanted to see. "What happened? Where is Lucy?"

Immediately everyone pointed to the middle of the room and without hestitation Natsu walked there, narrowing his eyes. He wanted to snarl at the guards not doing their job well.

The thought of having traitors in this room infuriated him. "Elfman," he snapped, looking at one of their most valuable guards.

"Clear," he said with a nod.

Lucy was on the ground, a bullet wound in her arm, along with some cuts. Wendy was treating her wound. The worst of all, she was crying. The crying is the only sound to be heard.

Moments later the other members came into the hall.

Natsu narrowed his eyes when he saw Lucy. He clenched his hand.

He stood next to her, not bending down to comfort her just yet. "What happened?" Gray asked someone, anyone. Nobody answered.

Natsu was looking around again, his aura became darker the moment he figured out what happened. There was one person missing that should be here. Mira came out the crowd and walked to them, her face sad.

"They have taken Nash. It was too sudden. Lucy screamed for help and tried to protect him, no use. They used a smoke bomb."

"Natsu," Lucy cried out when she slowly went to stand up. Her face was full of tears. Natsu's hand turned white from the clenching.

Lucy embraced her husband in a tight hug, crying on his chest and making his shirt wet. Natsu held her with one hand but didn't say a single word.

His face was void of any sad emotion except the anger that was visible. "Why is everyone still standing here? SEARCH FOR THE DAMN ASSHOLES!" he screamed.

Immediately most of the people got out of their trance and left, while some stayed. He gestured for Wendy to stand up from her frozen position. Lucy was gripping Natsu's shirt tightly, pulling on it as she cried.

"He is taken away from me right in front of me. Nash!"

Natsu sighed, he understood her pain better than anyone else. Why wouldn't he? Nash was also his son. But what she was doing is wasting time. He immediately scolded himself for thinking that.