Chapter 33

Sorry sorry sorry. It has already been a week since the last update. I'm really busy this week (8 tests wth) but I don't want disappoint my readers so I write instead learning. You guys better appreciate it ;) Xd

Don't forget to vote or comment :) Cost you only 1 second.

testweek is coming soon T^T

~Lucy's POV

I thanked Jason with a mumble and abruptly left them without another word.

I'm actually not that surprised, from the first moment I met her I hated her. I already know this is not the woman Natsu was engaged to. And if she is, what the hell was he thinking. I went to the room where there were just couches, tables to simply relax in.

I was alone. Great, I needed time to think. Natsu would be extremely upset, but he will choose my side, he has to.

I wonder what Natsu talked about with Gray. I poured my own cup of lemonade and drank it slowly. I sat on the couch and stared in front of me.

What should I do? I can't just go to Natsu without any prove. Yes, as my husband he would and should believe me anyway, but I know there would be doubt in his mind. His position forces him to make rational decision based on evidence.

"Look at you, finally alone." I heard a scowl coming from someone who just entered the room. I couldn't keep my fake smile in place and turned around with a glare.

"Look at you, daring to show your face again."

For a moment I could see surprise flashing through her eyes, and it was enough to confirm my thoughts once again. "How dare you? I thought Natsu was your friend? How could you do this to his son?"

Her façade was slipping away and she glared at me.

"He ripped everything away from me! I was supposed to be in your position now, owning everything he has! He took it away from me."

I stood up, trying to intimidate her. "He decides what to do. You are nothing but a selfish woman, wanting to take someone's happiness away for your own reason."

She laughed loudly. "You are such a hypocrite. Are you blinded by his love? Natsu does the same when he kills people who owned him shit. He. Does. The. Same."

I gritted my teeth. "At least he isn't pretending to be their friend." I know Natsu isn't the best person alive. He whole existence is sin along with everyone evolved. Family is everything for him and he is prepared to go into war to protect them.

We walked in circles, very cliché but still.

She jumped toward me and tackled me to the ground. Physical fight, fine.

We rolled on the ground, scratching each other here and there and getting at each other's throat. "The world is better off without him," she sneered at me and punched me in the stomach. I hissed.

"No, we're better off without you."

I punched her cheek and her head wipped to the side. "Did you really love him?" I asked. Someone who loves the other one truly won't ever do this. Unless you're a sick yandere.

She stopped because of my question. "Of course not. I wanted what he had to offer, I wanted everything."

I must admit, she must be pretty good to let Natsu fall for it. And it's pretty brave of her to have that façade on for so long.

Suddenly out of no where she had a dagger and stabbed me in the arm. I screamed out from pain and grabbed my arm.

She pushed me to the ground and jumped on me. I tried to kick her away, - and I hate to admit this - but she was much stronger than I am. How could I have expected a fair fight when the number one rule in the mafia is not to expect one?

She held me by the throat, blocking my way of oxygen.

I managed to scream out 'Natsu' before I blacked out.

~Nobody's POV

Natsu ran toward the source of the scream and kicked the door open. The sight he saw was scaring him. Clarissa hovering over Lucy and Lucy being unconscious. She still had her hands wrapped around her throat. The sight infuriated him immensely.

"Clarissa? What the hell?" he demanded and pushed her off him. She immediately went to attacking Natsu. She even managed to punch him in the face due to him being caught off guard.

Natsu hissed and grabbed her arms. He blocked her movements and held her to the ground. "Why did you do this?" he whispered loudly in her ear.

He took in the sight of his unconscious wife and anger took over his actions. He pushed her to the ground, her back facing Natsu. He put his knee on a sensitive spot on her back, causing her to scream out in pain.

"No, fuck that. Touching my wife is a betrayal nobody wants to face the consequences of," he gritted out.

Soon Gajeel and Laxus entered the room. Their eyes went wide at the sight of them. "What happened?"

Natsu glared at Clarissa on the ground, still being above her. "Clarissa attacked Lucy for whatever reason. Hurry up and bring her to Porlyusica. Laxus, stay with me."

They did what Natsu asked them to and Laxus held Clarissa. Both arms being her back and made her stand up. She tried breaking free but she had no chance against Laxus.

"Why did you attack Lucy?" he asked again.

She stayed silent, looking at the ground.

Laxus tightened his grip. "He asked you a question," he hissed.

"She attacked me! I was doing self-defense! How can you take her side? After everything we've been through?"

Natsu gestured for Laxus to make her sit on the sofa, he did the same only sat opposite of her. He put one leg over his other and put his hands in each other. He leaned back, as if being bored. "Clarissa, we had history together, nothing more. And if you're telling the truth, tell me why Lucy attacked you."

"I don't know. I was just asking if she was fine and then she began." Her voice was low, almost inaudible. She looked at her legs and fumbled with her fingers, giving him the innocent look.

Natsu chuckled. "You think I'd believe you?" he said calmly.

She flinched a little bit, and when she looked up she met his hateful look. He was staring through her with his dark eyes.

"Don't think I haven't noticed your behaviour towards my wife. You know me better than that. You should know me better than that."

Clarissa had trouble keeping up her innocent look.

Natsu leaned forward. "Just tell me the truth, Clarissa. What has happened to you for you to become this way?" Natsu didn't want to find it out, at all. His smile was sinister, giving her shivers.

"You took everything from me. My power, my money, my family, everything. I wanted you to know how I felt."

Natsu's eyes twitched, immediately connecting the dots. He walked closer and grabbed her jaw, so she faced him. "You were behind all of this, weren't you? First going for my son and then my wife? You betrayed us all."

"Like Mavis didn't betray you years ago and you took her back with open arms," she sneered, trying to wiggle out of Laxus's grip.

Laxus's eyes narrowed, almost digging his nails into her skin. Nobody talks like that about Mavis.

Even Natsu tilted his head with a frown covering his face, although it quickly turned into a sarcastic grin. "Lucky her," he responded before Laxus was going to drag her away.

Clarissa laughed. "Are you going to kill me? Weren't we family?"

Natsu scoffed. "Not anymore."