Before the Storm

Bellwood 11:38 pm

Night had long since fallen over the town of Bellwood. The citizens safely dosing in their beds, blissfully unaware of the large, cloaked alien ship flying slowly hundreds of meters above them. The ship moved undetected through the streets towards its destination. A small, cream-coloured building on outskirts of the town. On the side of the building, stamped in red and blue, were the words 'Max's plumbing', the word 'plumbing' being made to look like it had been spelt out using drain pipes. On the top of the building, there was a sign that once again said the shop's name and an image depicting a man with grey hair, a red Hawaiian shirt and white trousers leaning on a large wrench.

Once the ship was directly above the establishment, it decreased its altitude until it was hovering only fifty meters from the ground. Suddenly, a small porthole on the bottom of the ship opened wide enough for a cloaked figure to jump from the ship, using a harness to him so that he wouldn't plummet to his death. As soon as the figure had touched the floor of the roof, he unattached the harness from the belt he was wearing and made his way over to a rather large ventilation shaft on the right of the roof. Carefully the figure removed the vent grate and slid feet first down the shaft.

The figure fell five metres before using his clawed gauntlets to dig into the sides of the shaft, stopping himself from crashing through another grate at the bottom of the vent shaft. Using one of the gauntlets to keep himself pried to the side of the metal wall, the figure used his other hand to reach for another gadget on his belt, a small cylindrical device no bigger than a pen. Pressing the tip, the device shot out a small red laser that began burning a hole in the metal around the grate. Once he had cut around most of the object, the figure reached down and dislodged the grate from the metal around it and pulled it up towards him. Using a knife strapped to his side, the figure pinned the grate to the wall before relieving pressure on the gauntlets allowing him to slide down closer to the new opening. However, just before falling through it, the figure once again dug his gauntlets further into the wall and brought himself to another stop.

Taking another gadget from his belt, which appeared to be a small grey pellet with a spray nozzle in the side, the figure reached his hand down through the hole and pressed the tip, spraying a cloud a gas into the room. Almost instantly, red beams of light became visible to the figure. From the air vent, the figure smirked. "Child's play," he proclaimed as he allowed himself to drop into the room below.

He landed gracefully in between the path of two lasers that he just barely missed. Slowly, the figure careened his head allowing his blood-red eyes to take in his surroundings. The shop interior may have been dark but tables of plumbing equipment were still visible and easy to make out. The red beams struck the furniture at odd angles however there did appear to be a pattern. Deciding his course of action, he allowed himself to fall back and use his arms to propel himself around the beams. After a series of flips, the figure came to a door that claimed to lead to the employee bathroom. Flicking the index finger on his gauntleted hand to reveal a lock pick, the figure began to work on unlocking the door.

Upon hearing a faint click, the figure opened the door and came face to face with a dimly lit bathroom. A sneer appearing on his darkened features, the figure took out a small gadget attached to the back of his belt. This gadget was shaped like a normal, bronze, mask except it had a series of complex circuitry running on the inside of it. As soon as the mask was secured on his face, a small wave of blue energy swept over the figure, changing his appearance. The figure now appeared to be a seventeen-year-old human teen with brown, messy hair and green eyes. He was wearing a white hoodie with green seams, the number ten was on the left pectoral. He also wore brown trousers with pockets and white and brown trainers. On his wrist was a primarily white wristwatch with green highlights and a black faceplate.